20 Glade Guard, Musician, Standard, Banner of a Eternal Flame. 268pts

10 Glade Guard, Musician. 126pts

Special

7 Wardancers. 126pts

10 Wild Riders, Full Command. 296pts

Rare

Treeman. 285pts

This is supposed to be an all-comers list for a forthcoming campaign. I decided against using treekin because I really hate the models, and I've done some cool wild rider conversions that I want to use. The only other thing I'm considering is dropping the Wardancers in favour of an eagle, which would also allow the War Banner on the Eternal Guard and the Razor Standard or Banner of Dwindling on the Wild Riders. All suggestions welcome.

Spiney Norman
29-10-2013, 00:36
Lords

Highborn, Rhymers Harp, Sword of Might. 240pts

Spellweaver, Lv.4 Lore of Life, Wand of Wych Elm, Dragonbane Gem. 310pts

Heroes

Branchwraith, Cluster of Radients, Annoyance of Netlings. 115pts

Noble BSB, Asynedi's Bane, Hail of Doom Arrow, Light Armour. 132pts

Core

10 Dryads. 120pts
12 Dryads. 144pts

15 Eternal Guard, full command. 210pts.

20 Glade Guard, Musician, Standard, Banner of a Eternal Flame. 268pts

Special

7 Wardancers. 126pts

10 Wild Riders, Full Command. 296pts

Rare

Treeman. 285pts

This is supposed to be an all-comers list for a forthcoming campaign. I decided against using treekin because I really hate the models, and I've done some cool wild rider conversions that I want to use. The only other thing I'm considering is dropping the Wardancers in favour of an eagle, which would also allow the War Banner on the Eternal Guard and the Razor Standard or Banner of Dwindling on the Wild Riders. All suggestions welcome.

I would go right ahead and drop the Wardancers, eagles will go a long way in this list, so I would take two if you can get them.

There a a few things that don't look quite right, the eternal guard unit is IMHO too small to be useful, it looks like you're gearing up for a lorenstar with the harp and BSB, but with only 15 EG I don't see that unit doing anything useful, and the harp is looking severely overpriced if that is the unit its going in. When I field EG, which isn't often, I take at least double that number.

The sword of might is alright, but your highborn needs some protection beyond his 5++, netlings would be my first choice, swapping out the SoM for a GW to give him the strength boost.

Wild riders can work, but I'm not sure 10 is the way to go, they make good flankers, but you will need to be careful with them because they cannot flee a charge, perhaps split them into two units of 5?

I'm also slightly dubious of the branch wraith, I do understand what you're going for with the cluster, but at the end of the day she is too many points for what she brings.

SteveW
29-10-2013, 05:49
You bsb has arrows but no bow :(

Leinadgsxr
29-10-2013, 10:09
I love that list, it's pretty similar to what I want to make with my wood elves eventually but I wouldn't have the EG, I'd add a few more dryads instead.

I love wardancers so I'd say keep them in there because I also dislike eagles.

@SteveW I'm pretty sure that most wood elf characters come with a bow as standard anyways.

SimaoSegunda
29-10-2013, 10:26
The BSB has Asyendi's Bane, which is a magic bow.

The eternal guard are there as a character bunker, and they're really the only ranked combat unit I can take. I don't want to take too big a unit though, because of what I would have to lose elsewhere.

I tried the wild riders in smaller units, but in my local meta, they just get shot to death too quickly. Taking 10 means they have a good chance of reaching enemy war machines with enough models left over to actually do some damage.

SteveW
29-10-2013, 18:51
@SteveW I'm pretty sure that most wood elf characters come with a bow as standard anyways.

The bsb loses his bow, I did miss the magic bow he was equipped with though.

Gustav Kohn
01-11-2013, 13:45
OK, so the bunker of EG doesn't seem to be the most efficient way to do that. I might suggest having more GG and just moving your characters between them as they dwindle. Then you can drop Rhymer's harp (cause your unit isn't big enough to make it cost effective). Get eagles.

SimaoSegunda
01-11-2013, 14:36
Might be a good call with the GG, the main benefit of the harp is that I don't need to buy the other characters a ward save. 5++ for three characters will cost more than the 75 points for the harp, I think? Also, GG aren't stubborn with characters like the EG are.

Gustav Kohn
01-11-2013, 14:57
I find that if you get a unit of 15 wood elves into combat against anything you are probably in trouble whether you have stubborn or not.

SimaoSegunda
01-11-2013, 15:14
Do you think Beasts might have better synergy with this list?

Gustav Kohn
01-11-2013, 15:21
I find beasts better for WE especially if you are not playing with large units. Life allows units to remain around longer. The only thing you really miss with beasts is dwellers. The rest are all situational just like the beast spells. This is all my opinion though. I am going to a tourney tomorrow so we will see how it turns out. In my practice matches, however, it works out much better with beasts.