PDA

View Full Version : how to mark and use my chaos chariots and Gorebeast chariots?

Fighting Newfoundlander
29-10-2013, 02:26
I've decided to pick up 3 regular chariots and 2 Gorebeast chariots to add to my army. It is a combination Khorne and Nurgle force. 20 MoK warriors with Halberts, 20 MoN warriors with shields, 20 dogs, 9 MoK knights, 6 skullcrushers, 5 fast cav, 2chimera, and a demon prince. 20 MoN warriors with GW in the works. My thinking was to mark the normal chariots Khorne and the Gorebeast ones Nurgle, but maybe that's just the 5 points savings. Also, on uses - I'm thinking it'll add diversity to my 2K-2400 pt games where I can mix it up using lots of infantry backed up by similarly slow chariots, or use them to cut out the infantry and add more single threats for a target saturation army of toughies. How would people mark the chariots and how do you find them most effective? Do people find they work better supporting warriors (as I use O&G ones) or as part of a small threats army (DP, chimera, SK, etc)?

Mutter
29-10-2013, 09:45
How would people mark the chariots and how do you find them most effective?
Nurgle.
Slaanesh a distant second.

Do people find they work better supporting warriors (as I use O&G ones) or as part of a small threats army (DP, chimera, SK, etc)?
They work well in both kind of lists.

Khellendr0s
29-10-2013, 10:55
Almost always nurgle, unless you are really worried about panic and terror. I find nurgle much better anyway.

And better to be used as part of small threats. I mean, warriors are too expensive and not really efective. With just chariots you have far high movility and you can focus easier enemy units (a charge of 3 chariots/quimeraes/heroes... means bye bye).

That is the hardest way to play, i mean, to go to a championship, to break friendships. Maybe at some moments you prefer a more moderated army, but thats up to you.

Skullcrusher
29-10-2013, 11:38
Mark of slaanesh is the best choice. Chariots can't always be close to bsb, and you don't want to take ld tests with ld 8.

Soundwave
29-10-2013, 13:14
Tzeentch! Saves you one in 6 games:shifty:
From cannonballs at least.

mostlyharmless
29-10-2013, 15:02
I usually mark the gorebeast chariots with Khorne for thematic reasons and for the extra killing power, but that's just me. If you're planning on being all competitive like and into optimization, go with Nurgle or Slaanesh.

Knighted
29-10-2013, 20:49
I usually mark the gorebeast chariots with Khorne for thematic reasons and for the extra killing power, but that's just me. If you're planning on being all competitive like and into optimization, go with Nurgle or Slaanesh.

Khorne gives you the killing power that you need on the grind with the ItP-esq elements of Slaanesh. Anything that can kill a gorebeast chariot isn't going to give two ***** about -1 to hit in CC.

Just make sure to optimize overrun.

Fighting Newfoundlander
31-10-2013, 00:22
thanks all - I appreciate the thoughts.