PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos Army

Ceri
29-10-2013, 18:34
Hi All,
I am just getting back into playing with an old friend after 10 years and thought I'd try my old Chaos horde once more. (Lots of repairs and a repaint needed though).
I don't have the new books yet but managed to find the 'Chosen of Chaos' on line so this list is based on that booklet.

Exalted Sorcerer of Tzeentch
Mark of Tzeentch, upgrade to lvl 4, Daemonic Mount, Chaos Familiar and Golden Eye of Tzeentch.
365pts

(x2) Sorcerer
Mark, Upgrade to lvl 2.
125pts each/ 250 for the pair

(x20) Warriors
Standard Bearer, Magic Standard, Halberds and Mark.
362pts

(x12) Warriors
Standard Bearer, Magic Standard, Halberds and Mark.
266pts

(x10) Knights
Standard Bearer, Magic Standard, and Mark.
370pts

(x3) Chariots
Mark of Tzeentch
330pts

Chaos Spawn
60pts

Total 2003 pts

I used to play Chaos Undivided but fancied a change so giving them a Tzeentch feel, all I need to do is but one figure and make 3 discs for the sorcerers.
I'd welcome any advice, it's been a long time.

3eland
29-10-2013, 18:53
I am not sure what booklet you have but all your points look REALLY off, for example (with my book in hand) 20 warriors with mark of T, halberds, standard bearer and a magic standard worth the max (25 points) is 415 points. Also there is no longer any Golden Eye of Tzeentch (actually a lot of items are gone now). Chaos Spawn is even cheaper. 10 knights with mark of T, standard bearer and a magical standard (worth up to 50 points max) is 480 points (if you take the full 50 points in banner).

I would recommend getting the book, everything is off and so will greatly change the list.

However, that being said. I like heavy armour lists and I run a list similar to this and all Mark of T! I throw in dogs though for redirects, chump blocks, and to screw over opponents (I like to give them vanguard). Since a heavy armour WoC list has a small unit number for placement, you will find most people will counter things if you don't have those dogs to put down first. I don't run halberds though, since mark of T gives +1 to your ward save (or gives you a 6++), the parry save from sword and board then goes to a 5++. Also Magic resistance is awesome in combination, how many times that helped.... yup, mark of T is awesome. I find Halberds are best used for mark of K, and then pop them 6 wide and watch things die... quickly....

Ceri
30-10-2013, 07:38
Thanks for the reply 3eland. The booklet is a PDF GW brought out before the warriors of Chaos book so I figured the points wouldn't be far off. Hard to justify 30 on a single book but I'll try Amazon.
Thanks again.
Ceri

Ceri
31-10-2013, 21:24
Many Thanks for the kind reply and the advice.

3eland
02-11-2013, 00:07
Thanks for the reply 3eland. The booklet is a PDF GW brought out before the warriors of Chaos book so I figured the points wouldn't be far off. Hard to justify 30 on a single book but I'll try Amazon.
Thanks again.
Ceri

Yeah it's hard dropping the money into the book with today's prices. The only other thing I can think of is find a person who has the book and share the book. Good luck though!

I love the look of a heavy armoured WoC list and I love playing Mark of T.

Ceri
02-11-2013, 09:54
Pity your in Canada, or more to the point it's a pity I'm not in Canada, we could have got together and had some battles. All the best.

SSquirrel
02-11-2013, 18:42
If nothing else, there are torrents of the 8th ed book. I have almost all the current books that way just to read fluff and learn about the other armies. Once my army is painted and ready I'm buying Skaven (the one I'll be using) and if I start any other armies I will buy their book too. Easy way to kill time is reading fluff from those books on my iPad tho :)