View Full Version : Alamo GT

Gustav Kohn
30-10-2013, 14:30
Who is going? What army?

I am taking Wood Elves.

Looking forward to seeing people there.

Phazael
30-10-2013, 22:49
I am going. Since it is a plane flight, I am taking Daemons, though I would have preferred night goblins or wood elves. Wife will be taking Daemons as well (one case to rule them all!), which is fine since last year it was donkey punch central. Wood Elves have a rough time there.

Korpacz
30-10-2013, 22:59
Warriors of Chaos. I was one of the special few that got a "Tone it down you ******" email from the TO. So I removed the third daemon prince - see you and your wood elves there.

JK about the email - it was actually very nicely worded and justified.

Gustav Kohn
31-10-2013, 03:10
I am going. Since it is a plane flight, I am taking Daemons, though I would have preferred night goblins or wood elves. Wife will be taking Daemons as well (one case to rule them all!), which is fine since last year it was donkey punch central. Wood Elves have a rough time there.

Weird, my buddy that went last year told me that it was fairly fluffy compared to some others. Oh well, I will have fun no matter what. Even one win will allow me to laugh in the face of a poor soul that lost to Wood Elves...unless he plays Beastmen. In which case I wouldn't laugh because I was taught not to laugh at those less fortunate than myself.

Warriors of Chaos. I was one of the special few that got a "Tone it down you ******" email from the TO. So I removed the third daemon prince - see you and your wood elves there.

JK about the email - it was actually very nicely worded and justified.

If we end up on the same table it will be because either I play spectacularly well or you play spectacularly poorly. I look forward to a first game of TK, Beastmen, and the other dregs of society.

Phazael
31-10-2013, 14:26
I am used to West Coast where there is some general restraint by the community, outside of the occasional transplant rocking the double hydra cockblocker combos in the DE book. I brought what I felt was a pretty tame list from the old DoC book and could not believe the armies in the room I was seeing, but I am told a lot of that is the Necro and Hillbilly crowds invading from the east. Among other things I saw, there was a CD army with seven war machines, 6+ VC armies with 100 man zombie bricks backed with 7-9 screams each, and every Ogre army I saw was one gutstar/2 IBlaster/MFC setup. Easily the ugliest comp of any event I have been too, outside of the northeast. Its still a fun event, though, mostly due to Bailey.

Gustav Kohn
31-10-2013, 14:32
Yeah, probably a difficulty when in the center of the US. We get invaded from both coastal metas. I know that my gaming group "Meatshank" is pretty tame. We have myself, a beastmen player, a HE player (Played way before the BotWD) came around, and a mobile dwarf guy. I figure to have fun no matter if I get my face curb stomped. I went to Bayou Battles a year and a half back and that wasn't so bad.

Montegue
02-11-2013, 05:17
I'll be there. Local boy with dwarfs.