7 chameleons 91pts

razordon 65pts
razordon 65pts
sallie 80pts
sallie 80pts

total: 2400pts

K3nn3rs
06-11-2013, 21:19
I'm relatively new to Fantasy but that list looks like a nightmare to play against!

How would you handle big blocks of infantry/ cavalry?

Kayosiv
07-11-2013, 09:15
I wouldn't ever bother to make my Slann the BSB without giving him at least +1 leadership. If he dies and runs away it's game over. Spend that extra 15 points.

The Scar-Veteran with the dawnstone doesn't appear to have a 1+ armor save in close combat. That makes the dawnstone a really suboptimal item for him. Light armor and a dragon helmet for that 1+ save seems like a must. Otherwise, opal amulet is going to be better way to protect him.

I don't see the point of this skink chief when you already have 3 units of flyers and 3 spellcasters. I would turn this guy's points into more levels for your skink priests, more rippers, more upgrades for the slann, or to upgrade one of those scar-veterans into an oldblood. If you wanted a real flying threat you could make the oldblood have a magic carpet.

Why have 2 skinks with a scroll when you can just give your Slann a scroll and save 65 points? Do you really need both?

The army's lack of standards could be problematic.

I think the razordons would serve better as one unit of 2, so they are easier to buff with hand of glory.

MOMUS
07-11-2013, 13:57
I'm relatively new to Fantasy but that list looks like a nightmare to play against!

How would you handle big blocks of infantry/ cavalry?

It is a nightmare :D
Big blocks or cav are actually a preferred choice, this list does bad against MC and MI.

I wouldn't ever bother to make my Slann the BSB without giving him at least +1 leadership. If he dies and runs away it's game over. Spend that extra 15 points.

The Scar-Veteran with the dawnstone doesn't appear to have a 1+ armor save in close combat. That makes the dawnstone a really suboptimal item for him. Light armor and a dragon helmet for that 1+ save seems like a must. Otherwise, opal amulet is going to be better way to protect him.

I don't see the point of this skink chief when you already have 3 units of flyers and 3 spellcasters. I would turn this guy's points into more levels for your skink priests, more rippers, more upgrades for the slann, or to upgrade one of those scar-veterans into an oldblood. If you wanted a real flying threat you could make the oldblood have a magic carpet.

Why have 2 skinks with a scroll when you can just give your Slann a scroll and save 65 points? Do you really need both?

The army's lack of standards could be problematic.

I think the razordons would serve better as one unit of 2, so they are easier to buff with hand of glory.

I agree with the Ld banner but it's such a crass choice I just normally avoid it as rule of thumb. Good catch on the LA, I kept changing the kit on them I deleted it by accident.
I would probably drop the chief and swas and have another scarvet or as you said an old blood with carpet, something I've been thinking about a lot, great minds ;)
Although I would still like to make the chief work and he's pretty nifty.
If the Slann fails to dispel and is carrying a scroll he can't use it after broken concentration. Also double heavens sig for vets and possibility for comet which helps the at out by keeping enemy at bay.
Razordons I prefer to use and single units from play, low investment high payout/use.
I actually think high magic isn't the best lore, maybe death is better but I would probably try and have both. Start the game cast three needless spells and roll three on the death lore so I have three death spells and 5 high magic.

Overall I think there is too much overlap in this list and could do with a bit of condensing. I would like to include a bastiladon for the range and possible armour carving shots- at 150 it's not too much of a points sink to get that...:/ still a very lame choice. Suppose I could use it to block the enemies light infantry but would have to use WbW to get it into position as it's sooooo slow. Also it's not stubborn :mad:
I only want to include it cuz I have a cool conversion in mind :(

MOMUS
08-11-2013, 00:48
So making this list a little more 'serious' after the feedback, the chief is still in (for now). Maybe a non optimal use, but rather cheeky flying, fast cav character at 79pts!

slann, BSB, FoM 360pts
Olblood, coldone, GW, armour of destiny, TOTS, 231pts

Scarvet, cold one, GW, LA, charmed shield, dawnstone 134pts
Scarvet, cold one, GW, DBG, armour of fortune 144pts
Chief, spear, terradon, LA, enchanted shield 84pts
Priest, scroll 90pts
Priest, cube 95pts

30 skink cohorts, msc 160pts
20 cohorts, msc 110pts
10 cohorts, msc 60 pts
10 skirmishers 70pts
10 skirmishers 70pts
10 skirmishers 70pts
10 skirmishers 70pts

3 terradons fire bolas 108pts
3 terradons fire bolas 108pts
3 ripper D's 120pts
6 chameleons 78pts
6 chameleons 78pts

Razordon 65pts
Sallie 80pts

total: 2385pts

Kayosiv
08-11-2013, 01:16
The skink chief isn't priced right, check him again.

MOMUS
09-11-2013, 00:32
Did a bit of quick Swedish comp calculating (including the Ld banner) on this list and it came out as a 9.1