PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf - 2000 points - Lots of Eagles, lots of arrows

Kahadras
30-10-2013, 21:35
Spellweaver + extra level + Wand of Wych Elm + Moonstone of the Hidden Ways

Noble BSB + light armour + shield + Asyendi’s Bane + Hail of Doom Arrow
Noble + Eagle + spear + light armour + Enchanted Shield + Amarathine Brooch
Noble + Eagle + spear + light armour + shield + Dragon Helm + Stone of the Crystal Mere

16 Glade Guard + standard bearer + musician + Banner of Eternal Flame
10 Glade Guard + musician
10 Dryads
10 Dryads

Eagle
Eagle

My main plan is for the 66 Glade Guards to put a load of arrows into my opponants army which, at short range, is a lot of BS4, S4 shots. The Spellweaver and the BSB are both going to join the large Glade Guard unit. I'm not sure what lore I'm going to take for the Spellweaver at the moment. Beasts is a good option as it can beef up my Dryads with Wildform, slow down my opponant with Curse of Anraheir and help against big monsters with Amber Spear. Life is also a decent choice as it helps keep my Spellweaver alive thanks to Lifebloom and can protect my Glade Guard with Earthblood, Flesh to Stone and Regrowth (as well as giving access to Dwellers). I decided to go with Wand of Wych Elm to help with dispel attempts and the Moonstone so I can jump my main unit out of danger if my opponant gets a combat unit to close to it (the unit plus characters is over 650 points). The BSB is pretty standard IMO with a cheap magical bow and Hail of Doom Arrow. The other two Nobles are there to try to take out warmachines and chaff units. I've given them a decent armour save (for Wood Elves) and a 3+ conditional ward save so they should survive for a couple of turns. The rest of my list is pretty much chaff. The two Eagles provide mobile chaff while the Dryads provide a slower, tougher variety.

The idea then is that my Eagles and Dryads slow down my opponant. The Eagles Nobles go after warmachines while my ranged units target enemy blocks with enmass shooting. Thinking about possible tweaks to the list is the idea of dropping a Dryad unit, a Glade Guard unit and a couple of magic items and taking a Treeman to provide at least one unit that's pretty good in combat. Another was to merge the two Dryad units to make a combat block and drop the BSB Noble for a Branchwraith with a Cluster of Radients.

MOMUS
30-10-2013, 22:23
I really do like wood elves, just be prepared to have a tough time against 1+ armour saves.

Oh tmarichards... #sigh#

Kahadras
31-10-2013, 00:05
Yeah +1 armour is a fun prospect (especialy Empire where they get it in core). One idea I was mulling over was the Alter Kindred Highborn with Bow of Loren and Arcane Bodkins. My hope would be for the Spellweaver to roll up Savage Beast as well meaning that the Highborn would be able to put out something like eight shots with ignore armour saves. The problem is the low strength but against toughness 3 stuff it's probably going to kill several each turn. The Spellweaver could also have a go with stuff like Amber Spear and Curse of Anraheir.

Gustav Kohn
01-11-2013, 12:40
I suggest Beasts. It is always nice if you have multiple characters in a unit. A big savage beast can run through 1+ armour save. For this MSU style, life doesn't seem to shine due to the less than flexible sig spell. The Alter will get killed, but I use the machine gun noble non-Alter.

Let us know how it goes.