PDA

View Full Version : Swordmasters of Hoeth

An'farli
31-10-2013, 20:14
A quick question, does the Swordmasters of Hoeth always strikes first over rule the always strikes last rule for great weapons. Could someone clarify please.

Knifeparty
31-10-2013, 20:17
They have both rules. In this case Always strike first cancels out Always Strikes last and so they strike at initiative order which for them initiative 5.

Odin
01-11-2013, 09:24
They have both rules. In this case Always strike first cancels out Always Strikes last and so they strike at initiative order which for them initiative 5.

Are you sure about that? I don't have the book but I thought they had a special version of ASF which doesn't get cancelled out by the ASL from their weapons? There was a tread in the rules section (I.e. the right place) about this I think.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

theunwantedbeing
01-11-2013, 09:34
Are you sure about that? I don't have the book but I thought they had a special version of ASF which doesn't get cancelled out by the ASL from their weapons? There was a tread in the rules section (I.e. the right place) about this I think.

Ah the wonders of hearsay, new books and nobody ever really bothering to read any of the rules.

You're on about the last edition odin, where they did have a special version of ASF (Speed of Asuryan).
This edition that rule is gone, they only have regular ASF.

So when they carry a great weapon (or indeed have ASL in any form) then they do not strike first with re-rolls, they strike in initiative order with no re-rolls.
Exactly as the ASF rules states happens in the rulebook.

Odin
01-11-2013, 09:41
Ah the wonders of hearsay, new books and nobody ever really bothering to read any of the rules.

You're on about the last edition odin, where they did have a special version of ASF (Speed of Asuryan).
This edition that rule is gone, they only have regular ASF.

So when they carry a great weapon (or indeed have ASL in any form) then they do not strike first with re-rolls, they strike in initiative order with no re-rolls.
Exactly as the ASF rules states happens in the rulebook.

Ah, cheers. Hoping to have a look at the new book sometime soon.

boli
01-11-2013, 19:46
Ah, cheers. Hoping to have a look at the new book sometime soon.

I much prefer the new book to the old, outside of a banner people don't shout "overpowered" as much and it allows you to build a lot more different lists.

TheDungen
02-11-2013, 14:37
Oh they could've ditched the whole always strikes first and just added a do not strike last to swordsmasters. If you want them striking first just increase their I there's no need for a special rule.

SteveW
02-11-2013, 20:11
Or they could have made a rule that reflected the fluff that says they all carry magically enchanted blades that feel as light as a feather and never need to be sharpened.

Should read, Swordmasters/loremasters carry swords that require two hands, have the armor piercing rule, and give a +2 to their strength

Kingly
02-11-2013, 20:44
I rock Sword masters with the banner of world dragon and so far in about 5 games they haven't failed to kick massive ****, and the models are GREAT!