PDA

View Full Version : Making Beastmen Ambush work

JDV311
01-11-2013, 21:28
I am dead set on making a list and focusing around the beastmen ambush rule. Looking for some real advice about putting it together. I realize 99% of you don't like the rule. I'm looking for comments from the 1%. This army will be strictly for fun games not so much for tourneys but who knows. I may break them out once I've got a few games under my belt. I've been to the Herdstone already so you won't need to suggest that. Looking forward to some POSITIVE comments, thanks!

I Am Forsaken
01-11-2013, 21:43
Not a beast an player myself, but I have studied the book and have considered giving them a try. My only real advice would be that you probably need to forget the entire rare and probably most of the special sections as only core units can ambush. Maybe you could deploy a horde of gors and ambush with smaller unit of 20 or so. Also I think a scouting beast shaman (skin of man) would help to buff your ambushes as he can get closer to them earlier.

As far as strategy goes, I think you will need to line your deployed units up against the enemy's main combat units and hit secondary targets like chaff, war machines, etc with the ambushes

fishound7
01-11-2013, 22:44
Stealing from malorian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1WQyNkt05s