PDA

View Full Version : VP's for characters in units

Styles
01-11-2013, 22:55
I played a player today that had an empire battle standard bearer in a unit of spearmen, i managed to kill the battle standard bearer but the unit was still alive and not fleeing by the end of the game. When we counted up the VP's he argued that i got no points for killing the battle standard as he was part of the spearmen unit and i had not wiped them out and they were not fleeing? I have never heard of this before? is he correct?

Valheru
01-11-2013, 23:24
No he is a lying cheating #*&@*%+@&@&!!!!!!!!!
He is a character so if you kill him he is worth what he cost in vps plus an extra 100 for being a bsb!!

warplock
02-11-2013, 08:58
As above, your opponent either completely misunderstood the VP calculation system, or was cheating. You get victory points for killing characters, even if they were in a unit.

bigbiggles
02-11-2013, 09:55
Mhmm, if you buy it separate, you score it separate.

SimaoSegunda
02-11-2013, 09:59
Whether they were fleeing or not is irrelevant, as they only give points if dead or have fled the board. But characters are bought as a separate unit when making a list, they're not bought as part of any other unit. That means, when they are dead, they give their own points cost as VPs, plus the BSB bonus in this case.