PDA

View Full Version : Supplements

Bladelord
03-11-2013, 11:05
When it comes to the rules within the supplements, are there any downsides or restrictions for using them?

Hendarion
03-11-2013, 11:15
Yea, they might replace the options from the original Codex. Other than that, no.

Zombie P
03-11-2013, 11:22
You are limited to one supplement per dex, but you can mix and match relic items between. Some rules in the supplement will overwrite codex rules, like the bolter drill in C:SM and the one in C:SM-Imperial Fists supplement. But the thing is, almost nothing in the supplements is game changing, just little tweaks and fluff piece's. There is a AP2 at Initiative sword in the black legion book, but really that isn't anything too special, definitely not game changing, chaos characters still suck at combat compared to most.

So no, there are no down sides, as long as you want to play that way in the first place. The only restrictions are clearly pointed out at the beginning of the rules section in each supplement.

ZP

Hendarion
03-11-2013, 13:31
You are limited to one supplement per dex, but you can mix and match relic items between.Not always, no.

Zombie P
03-11-2013, 15:14
Is it not, I know this isn't all supplements but to quote from the Iyanden - "Note you can only use the options from one codex supplement when choosing your army".

ZP

Hendarion
03-11-2013, 15:23
Actually I was talking about the 2nd part of the sentence.

Edit: I thought Iyanden replaces the relics instead of adding additional ones. But I can't find any such restriction, so forget it.

MagicHat
03-11-2013, 16:22
Actually I was talking about the 2nd part of the sentence.

Edit: I thought Iyanden replaces the relics instead of adding additional ones. But I can't find any such restriction, so forget it.

I think Farsight does restrict the signature system.
Don't think any other supplement does it, but I am not sure.

Mortimer
03-11-2013, 19:23
I think Farsight does restrict the signature system.
Don't think any other supplement does it, but I am not sure.

You have to use the sigs in Farsight and are told you cannot use Codex Tau ones.

Which some bugger tried to pull in a tourney i was at last weekend.. playing under the assumption someone doesnt have the rules.

I asked for his army list and his copy of the supplement to check if it was legal.. same thing i do at every tourney.. it adds maybe 5mins to the game time