PDA

View Full Version : Must one use BSB rerolls ?

TsukeFox
03-11-2013, 22:47
If a failed leadership test is made must one use the BSB reroll ?

3eland
03-11-2013, 23:09
Well it says "To represent the battle standard's steadying presence, friendly models within 12" of the BSB re-roll failed LD tests of anykind...". So RAW yes you must re-roll as it doesn't say you can choose.

Romark
04-11-2013, 09:26
I think RAW, yeah you do. In 40k there is a section that clearly states you can opt to fail a LD test. As fantasy does not have this, or an equivalent section, i'd say you have to.

Wesser
04-11-2013, 10:01
Yea I had a weird situation where a character was hit by Casket of Souls and failed his LD test by one point, taking a wound.

But the BsB was within 12' so since I had failed I was forced to reroll...which killed my character :)

Silly really that you can't choose, but I sup it's there to avoid speculating in failing tests

yeknoMehT
04-11-2013, 18:28
Well, the deamons of chaos FAQ states that if the BSB is within 12" you may choose to reroll a daemonic instability test (does not specify failed/successful) - this was too get out of the 'what is a failed test for daemons?' question. So for them I guess you've got a get out. Anybody else (unless I'm missing something in the FAQs) would be forced to reroll.

Artiee
04-11-2013, 21:19
For DoC, the reroll choice is only for a daemonic instability test. (which is not a leadership test) If the unit gets hit by the Casket of Souls they must reroll a failed leadership test. (if they are the same daemon alignment.)