PDA

View Full Version : 1500 competitive vs Daemons

Romark
04-11-2013, 12:40
My friend is entering his first GW Tournament (a job where you have to start and paint a 1.5k army, he chose daemons. Not sure on the intricacies) and has asked a few in our META to make 1.5k competitive list's so he can get some more powergamey practice in. We normally have a pretty relaxed group.

I was thinking along the lines of (i don't have my book (at work) so points may be extremely off...):

Lord: Supreme Sorceress - Dark - 210-ish?
-Staff of Sorcery

Hero: Death Hag - 320?
-Witchbrew
-CoB

Core: 30 x Witch Elves - 340
-FC
-Banner of Eternal Flame

10 x Corsairs - 110
-Handbows

Special: War Hydra - 180
-Fiery Breath

15 x Executioners - 225
-FC

Rare: 5 x Doomfire Warlocks - 125

Now. I may have got points wrong, but i think i'm around 10 over for this. But i think this should work well against Daemons.

I was also thinking about a Chariot and Repeater Bolt Thrower, or some Shades instead of the Executioners. But if i can run these close to the Witch unit, manage to get them on the flank and get the CoB bound off on them it could be a brutal combination. Failing that, a handy unit to deal with non-deathstar'ed units.

Kaim
05-11-2013, 00:06
I'd drop the hydra, drop the corsairs, get 2x5 dark riders , get 2 bolts, give the hag a bsb (even though its pretty meh, still better than no bsb) and add another warlocks. 15 Exe is crap. 30 or nothing with the new book imo. Hydras are not the best now also. Corsairs are decent but will do you no good if you only take 10.

Romark
05-11-2013, 07:28
I'd drop the hydra, drop the corsairs, get 2x5 dark riders , get 2 bolts, give the hag a bsb (even though its pretty meh, still better than no bsb) and add another warlocks. 15 Exe is crap. 30 or nothing with the new book imo. Hydras are not the best now also. Corsairs are decent but will do you no good if you only take 10.

OK. 15 Executioners are normally crap... Rubbish. If i was playing Empire, or High Elves, or someone with shooting, but playing an army with very little magic and (maybe) no shooting (Mono-Nurgle), your talking rubbish. 15 Executioners can take on any small/medium unit, or as a supporting charge make the Witches combat a certainty.
Corsairs have Handbows, and are a solid little shooting/chaff clearing unit.
The hydra is arguably better now.

I would like more Warlocks, apart from that...

Kaim
05-11-2013, 12:24
It really depends what he'll take, for competitive lists people usually take heralds (nurgle, tzeentch), big unit of plaguebearers, horrors, furies of tzeentch, heavy on beasts, drones and possibly Skullcannons. If he goes mono nurgle its not really a "powergaming" list. Also I'd rather have Dark Riders and more Warlocks that Corsairs and a Hydra which LD is crap. Also if you want to help your friend then create a list that he possibly would encounter at the tournament.