PDA

View Full Version : 2400 point GT skaven list

pack-master
04-11-2013, 13:42
apologies admins, I had this thread opened in another section and closed it.

so Ive just got the skaven army book,l and have transformed an idea into a writtena rmy list im going to start constructing in the coming days, here goes

chieftain 15 points

pack master + 5 giant rats 23 points

1181 skaven slaves 2363 points,

and that rounds out the 2400 GT point limit nicely!

opinons please!

Romark
04-11-2013, 13:43
1181 skaven slaves 2363 points,

Hmmm... Where did that 3 pointed slave come from?

Borgomos
04-11-2013, 14:04
I seriously think people are opening these types of threads just to troll around, but i'll bite.

1) Death Lore wizard snipes the puny chieftain(Easy since you have no magic defence). Slaves are LD5, they lose combat, they break, opponent wins.
2) 'Whole unit takes X test' spells will decimate the unit. A single dwellers should erase 500-ish slaves. It is not that much of an impossible unit to grind down, especially since you have nothing else.
3) With no BSB, the chances of failing a LD test is legit.
4) Most tournaments have model limits on units.

There you go.

pack-master
04-11-2013, 14:24
ah yes, its 2362 unless i gave one brave rat a shield and spear! (joking) would the wizard be able to target the chieftan through the 13 odd ranks of slaves that are stand in front of him??

Romark
04-11-2013, 14:28
ah yes, its 2362 unless i gave one brave rat a shield and spear! (joking) would the wizard be able to target the chieftan through the 13 odd ranks of slaves that are stand in front of him??

He cant be in the 14th rank though, unless he isn't giving them his LD of course...

In a 2400 point battle, just about any build could beat this though. Be serious. Borgomos is right.

pack-master
04-11-2013, 14:31
the chieftan isnt accompanying the slaves. hes standing on his own behind the table wide unit. hes only there for force organisation, if i could get a cheaper hero i would.

im being serious.

Romark
04-11-2013, 14:35
the chieftan isnt accompanying the slaves. hes standing on his own behind the table wide unit. hes only there for force organisation, if i could get a cheaper hero i would.

im being serious.

Well. That makes it even easier. I've got a Level 2 death Sorceress on Dark Pegasus. I'll Take a unit of 30 Black Guard against your Slaves, i'll annihilate your pack master with a Doombolt from my Warlocks and then i'll get a Death Snipe or 2 off against your Chieftan. Or i'll take a master with Cloak of Twilight and Lance on Dark Peg for overkill. Then my other 5 units can chill while the Black Guard force the slaves to flee.

I reckon a 500 point list could beat that, just about.

maze ironheart
04-11-2013, 14:43
I agree a single death spell can kill the only guy who's leadership is helping and no BSB if you fail leadership test all I can say is ouch that would be 1 big explosion.

pack-master
04-11-2013, 14:44
im not sure if the pegasuses base would fit in the gap between the rear of the slaves, and the table edge which the chieftain would be occuyping pretty flush?
but im not going to start a racket.
500 points of most armys would probably kill this list.

but what if they didnt?
what if the warlocks miscast?
what if the black guard fluff their attacks?
ive seen it happen at my club. what happens when the skaven scratch back?

in a game centered around rolling dice, i stand a statistical (however slim it may be) chance of victory against an equal pointed army.

Nkari
04-11-2013, 14:47
Bah you have them in 2 units, ranked 5 wide.. thats 118 ranks.. Boom.. :P

Romark
04-11-2013, 14:52
im not sure if the pegasuses base would fit in the gap between the rear of the slaves, and the table edge which the chieftain would be occuyping pretty flush?
but im not going to start a racket.
500 points of most armys would probably kill this list.

but what if they didnt?
what if the warlocks miscast?
what if the black guard fluff their attacks?
ive seen it happen at my club. what happens when the skaven scratch back?

in a game centered around rolling dice, i stand a statistical (however slim it may be) chance of victory against an equal pointed army.

If we cannot fit behind the slaves, because they are spread so thin, then you lose the point in having them and i will have more ranks, and more kills, meaning you will still have snake-eyes to deal with (whether my attacks fail or not), and then 1" to the table edge.

Don't even need the Dark Peg Sorc in that scenario. Come on, give me a challenge! Your "what if's" would all have to happen at the same time, every turn, defy statistics and then just scrape you by.

To give an idea. I seriously reckon, 5 Dark Riders, 5 Harpies and a War Hydra. That's 415 points (Inc Repeater Crossbows and fiery breath) would run that list off the board in 2 turns.

pack-master
04-11-2013, 15:07
Ok I'll have my dark elf player use them against me soon and see,

Measuring the bases if I stack them 12 rank deep it would easily stretch the entire board and still have endless ranks, and you still wouldn't fit behind them? Chieftain safe?

And a flaming hydra with firey breath would mince most units, but has it enough fire to kill enough slaves?

If the strategy pins around killing the chief, I'd you can't get to him I'd be in with a shout?

Romark
04-11-2013, 15:19
If your going that technical. Sorceress on Black Dragon, Easy line of sight to your Chieftain.

Or, a lot more points, Witches Galore, double frenzied. Say 200 of them. That's 800 attacks. That's 533 hits (another 178 from re-rolls), 119 poisoned. 395 wounds (another 66 from re-rolls). So 461 gone in the first turn, unless i'm badly wrong... (Without impact from CoB and it's Death Hag and crew's attacks, obviously.)

pack-master
04-11-2013, 15:26
And 200 witches are normally seen at GT's? I'm sort of banking On the shock factor? Which in Hindsight has been lost..

mypantsarefree3
05-11-2013, 00:10
Silly list is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

underscore
05-11-2013, 07:34
Don't you need a Ld 7 general and a BSB to make the 'unbreakable slaves' joke?

My best counter to this would be to cast Final Trans or Dwellers or Plague etc and go grab a pint while you roll your tests.

Romark
05-11-2013, 07:34
And 200 witches are normally seen at GT's? I'm sort of banking On the shock factor? Which in Hindsight has been lost..

That was more an exaggeration on a stupid way to beat a stupid list. But if you enter a tournament with that list, your going to spend more time setting up than playing. Every army will have something in 2.4k to deal with that. Guaranteed.