PDA

View Full Version : WoC 1000 points (All cavalry)

McBlobbicus
05-11-2013, 03:51
I'm currently trying to figure out an all cavalry list for a 1000 points narrative campaign coming up I'll be taking part in, or more specifically which army to do an all mounted list with. I have a Dark Elf list made up (Here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?383226-1000-points-Dark-Elves-%28mounted%29)), but I keep thinking about WoC and how I used to play them/used to have fun with them. The only problem is, I'm sort of out of touch with WoC currently, but it doesn't seem to be many options when it comes to WoC all cav. This is my list so far, and I have some questions about it.

Heroes
Exalted Hero: Mark of Khorne, Shield, Sword of Swift Slaying, Dawnstone, Juggernaut of Khorne - 228 pts

Core
5 Marauder Horsemen: Flails, Javelins, Musician - 95 pts
5 Marauder Horsemen: Flails, Javelins, Musician - 95 pts
5 Chaos Warhounds: Vanguard - 40 pts

Special
5 Chaos Knights: Mark of Khorne, Ensorcelled Weapons, Musician - 250 pts

Rare
3 Skullcrushers: Ensorcelled Weapons, Musician - 244 pts

Total - 992 pts

1. Did I overspend on the Hero? 3 Skullcrushers + Juggernaut Hero seems pretty full on and tanky. Otherwise he'll be on a Barded Steed with the Knights.
2. Are the Knights actually worthwhile taking? I could take a regen Chimera in their place and save 5 points and give the Hero Soul Feeder (or something)
3. If Knights are preferable over Chimera, I guess the next question is (in my list) Lances or Ensorcelled Weapons? Lances would save a further 5 points and I have the Skullcrushers for grinding combats, Lances would at least offer some slight form of monster hunting (maybe) if I run into any.
4. Knights again. Is any other Command save the Musician worth it? Or is even the Musician just a waste of 10 points?
5. Marauder Horsemen next. Assuming I'm not freeing up any points on the above questions, should the Javelins instead be MoS? I think the major problem in their current load out is they'll be easy to scare, especially if the Hounds are nearby and die.

Overall, I guess the major concern I have is how well WoC all cav lists perform right now. I hear mixed reviews on which army can do all cav better (Empire keeps getting a mention), so I have no idea. I still love WoC more than anyone else though.

rydhus
05-11-2013, 08:39
Hi,
I prefer chariots over the light cav. Five horsemen are not scary. Furthermore, perhaps put your exalted on a daemonic mount. Extra sound and t5 is awesome. Knights work pretty good if you use them wisely. If you put the exalted with knights, give the unit banner of swiftness. That extra movement will suprise your enemy when you charge from a long distance.

McBlobbicus
07-11-2013, 04:22
I forgot about the Demonic Mount... I might have to look into it. But Chariots, I'm under the impression you treat them as faster infantry, not cavalry... I really don't know if I like them. Marauder Horsemen on the other hand can be zipping around behind stuff to be a pain. Right now this is my tweaked list.

Heroes
Exalted Hero: Mark of Khorne, Shield, Sword of Swift Slaying, Dawnstone, Juggernaut of Khorne - 228 pts

Core
5 Marauder Horsemen: Mark of Slaanesh, Flails, Musician - 95 pts
5 Marauder Horsemen: Mark of Slaanesh, Flails, Musician - 95 pts

Special
5 Chaos Knights: Mark of Khorne, Ensorcelled Weapons, Standard Bearer - 250 pts

Rare
3 Skullcrushers: Ensorcelled Weapons, Standard Bearer, Gleaming Pennant - 249 pts

Total - 997 pts

Had a discussion the other night about heavy cavalry not really needing musicians, so I traded them for standards for combat resolution etc. But I will look into Chariots and Daemonic Mount, and see how I like the list then.