PDA

View Full Version : Other Tricksters Shard question

Chickenbane
05-11-2013, 16:14
I was playing in a game last week (my Lizardmen vs Daemons of Chaos). I had a skink chief on a Stegadon with OTS. We played it that impact hits and thunderstomps forced successful ward saves to be rerolled. I've since been told that this is not the case as they are distributed as per shooting attacks, but I can't see how impact hits or stomps can cause damage if you're not in base to base contact and therefore touching the bearer of the OTS. So I'd like to see what you're take on this is. I asked on Lustria online and I got a resounding yes,:yes: I'm sure if I ask on Daemons forum it will be an emphatic no :no:, so I thought I try a couple of non affiliated forums. ;)
Thanks in advance.

theunwantedbeing
05-11-2013, 16:32
The Other Tricksters Shard
Models in base contact with the bearer must re-roll successful ward saves.

So is the model taking the hit in base contact?
The only times I can think of that they won't be is when the front rank in contact with the bearer is made up of characters and the unit is large enough that attacks distributed as shooting can't hit those characters (ie. 5+ rank and file models).

So really, neither group (biased as they were) was fully correct.

bigbiggles
05-11-2013, 19:05
Fluff wise and how impacts and stomps would really work? Yes

Rules wise? Toss up, probably yes.

SimaoSegunda
05-11-2013, 20:46
It says models in base contact must re-roll successful ward saves. It doesn't ask how they were distributed, or even if they were inflicted by the same model.

To give another example, if a miscast inflicted damage on models in base contact with TOTS bearer, any ward saves would be re-rolled too.

furrie
06-11-2013, 08:35
In this case you should probably distribute the hits between the ones in base contact and the rest of the unit, to decide which sucsefull saves need to be re-rolled