PDA

View Full Version : What happens with ASL + ASF, and getting ASF or ASL again?

Citadel97501
06-11-2013, 00:09
Hello all,

I was wondering how to deal with the situation of a unit of HE or DE with Great Weapons being hit with Briora's Time Warp, or a Frost Phoenix?

-With ASF & ASL such as with White Lions or Sword Masters. These normally these cancel each other out making you strike at normal initiative. Technically you still have both rules, so can you get either one again, or does either rule counteract all of the other fro any source?

This is going to begin color the meta, soon as until recently I didn't worry about it since even without ASF White Lions still went first, but with the introduction of the DE army book. It may become a more valid consideration?

havoc626
06-11-2013, 00:20
The two have a specific way of interacting with each other, however neither removes the other. From what I remember (could be wrong, been a while) you can't gain multiple of the same rule. In this case, SM and WL already have ASF and ASL, so if they are then affected by a rule that would give them either of these again, it would have no affect.

beerbeard
06-11-2013, 00:43
The two have a specific way of interacting with each other, however neither removes the other. From what I remember (could be wrong, been a while) you can't gain multiple of the same rule. In this case, SM and WL already have ASF and ASL, so if they are then affected by a rule that would give them either of these again, it would have no affect.

This is correct. White Lions, for example, have ASF from Elvish hotness and ASL from great weapons. Nothing you can do with spells, items, etc. can cancel one of them out. If it could, then all High Elves would take light magic every single game.

Citadel97501
06-11-2013, 00:51
That is pretty much what I thought, but I thought I would double check just in case there was a way to fix it vs. the damn witches. Them going before me was causing some severe problems last game.

Mr_Rose
06-11-2013, 08:54
This is correct. White Lions, for example, have ASF from Elvish hotness and ASL from great weapons. Nothing you can do with spells, items, etc. can cancel one of them out. If it could, then all High Elves would take light magic every single game.
Not quite true; there is a VC item that explicitly removes ASF rather than merely negating it, and there's no conceptual reason that a future item, spell or special rule couldn't do the same. You just can't cancel ASF/L out by adding more of one or the other.

Lord Zarkov
15-11-2013, 17:21
The VC corpse cart also has a special ability that can replace ASL with ASF.

But yeah, stacking more of one won't cause it to apply if you have the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)