PDA

View Full Version : Ravenwing qeustion

Bieren
06-11-2013, 10:04
Hey I wanne start a full ravenwing army but how are they ? We play for 1850pts

Menthak
06-11-2013, 10:35
How good they are depends on your local meta. From what I've seen used right they can be incredibly good, unless the opponent goes full hordes.

HQ:
-Interrogator-Chaplain (165pts)
Auspex, Mace of Redemption, Space Marine Bike

-Sammael (200pts)
Jetbike

-Ravenwing Command Squad (245pts)
5x Black Knight, Ravenwing Apothecary, Ravenwing Company Banner, Ravenwing Grenade Launcher

-Ravenwing Command Squad (300pts)
5x Black Knight, Devastation, Ravenwing Apothecary, Ravenwing Champion, Ravenwing Grenade Launcher

Troops:
-Ravenwing Attack Squadron (182pts)
4 Bikers, 2x Meltagun, Attack Bike with MultiMelta

-Ravenwing Attack Squadron (Troops) (216pts)
6x Ravenwing Bikers, ATtack Bike with MultiMelta

Fast Attack:
-Ravenwing Darkshroud (80pts)
Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support:
-Devastator Squad (145pts)
3 Flakk Missile Launchers

Fortifications:
-Aegis Defense Line with Quad-Gun (100pts)

An example list.

Bieren
06-11-2013, 10:49
I whas thinking for samual , bike squads whit atack bike, some landspeeders and heavy landspeeders vengence.

Menthak
06-11-2013, 12:44
I whas thinking for samual , bike squads whit atack bike, some landspeeders and heavy landspeeders vengence.

So basically the list I put forwards, with a landspeeder vengeance?

If you wanna do that, be my guest, but in my opinion the Landspeeder vengeance is a piece of trash that has a decent chance of glancing itself to death doing a role that other units do much better.

Bieren
06-11-2013, 13:27
So basically the list I put forwards, with a landspeeder vengeance?

If you wanna do that, be my guest, but in my opinion the Landspeeder vengeance is a piece of trash that has a decent chance of glancing itself to death doing a role that other units do much better.

A ok :) then other and beter

Camman1984
06-11-2013, 14:00
The vengeance would be so cool if it wasnt for gets hot. They really need to go back to plasmas not overheating vehicles. You'd think a relic vehicle from 10000 years ago would have sufficient cooling systems to not destroy itself after statistically 2 volleys.

Zustiur
12-11-2013, 03:44
Head over to the ravenwing tactica thread, you'll find lots of support there.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

The Emperor
12-11-2013, 04:03
The vengeance would be so cool if it wasnt for gets hot. They really need to go back to plasmas not overheating vehicles. You'd think a relic vehicle from 10000 years ago would have sufficient cooling systems to not destroy itself after statistically 2 volleys.

No kidding. The Executioner Plasma Cannon, which is the standard armament on a comparatively common Imperial Guard tank, doesn't have to worry about overheating, but the Chapter with the most advanced technology regularly fields Land Speeders with overheating plasma weapons which are likely to melt them to slag before a battle's over?

T10
12-11-2013, 06:04
Yes, apparently. Makes sense to me.

-T10

pantsukki
12-11-2013, 13:48
How good they are depends on your local meta. From what I've seen used right they can be incredibly good, unless the opponent goes full hordes.

HQ:
-Interrogator-Chaplain (165pts)
Auspex, Mace of Redemption, Space Marine Bike

-Sammael (200pts)
Jetbike

-Ravenwing Command Squad (245pts)
5x Black Knight, Ravenwing Apothecary, Ravenwing Company Banner, Ravenwing Grenade Launcher

-Ravenwing Command Squad (300pts)
5x Black Knight, Devastation, Ravenwing Apothecary, Ravenwing Champion, Ravenwing Grenade Launcher

Troops:
-Ravenwing Attack Squadron (182pts)
4 Bikers, 2x Meltagun, Attack Bike with MultiMelta

Fast Attack:
-Ravenwing Darkshroud (80pts)
Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support:
-Devastator Squad (145pts)
3 Flakk Missile Launchers

Fortifications:
-Aegis Defense Line with Quad-Gun (100pts)

An example list.

I'd rather take a Librarian with the Power Field Generator instead of the Chaplain, and no Devastators. Use Dreads, Prescienced Speeders, the Nephilim or allied SM flyers for AA.