PDA

View Full Version : Terrain creation - Rubble

Winkie Jethro
06-11-2013, 15:40
Okay, I've got extra sprues and I've tried the meat-grinder method. I even bought a food processor and tried that.

what's the easiest way to turn a sprue to rubble in 2 minutes, as Clippers take hours!

Hendarion
06-11-2013, 16:10
Use real stones/split.

MusingWarboss
07-11-2013, 10:18
No easy answer I'm afraid, it's just gonna be a case of clip clip clip or something akin to the 'does it blend?' stuff. Looks like you've tried both so really it's a case of going for the best of the two. If clippers are getting tiring then you could move to a stronger larger set, say bolt cutters, tape a few lengths of sprue together into a bundle and clip off several bits at a time into a box. Mind your fingers though!

Always good to find a use for sprue, after all its plastic you've paid for! When you look at the amount you have left its almost 50% of the plastic in the box at times! That's where GW and others make their money, the stuff you chuck away!

ehlijen
07-11-2013, 10:37
If you want rocks, what you're really after is some cork board. You can just peel bits off with your fingers and get lot's of rocks that way. Larger segments can even be crumbled pieces of wall and road plaster.

winterdyne
07-11-2013, 14:56
Another method is to pour a thin sheet of plaster, then score and split it.