PDA

View Full Version : Lore Attributes and Miscasts

Vipoid
07-11-2013, 12:03
With lore attributes like Lore of life (that say when a spell from the Lore of XXX is successfully cast), which comes first - the lore attribute, or a miscast?

Romark
07-11-2013, 12:11
In the BRB (i forget which page) i states that you resolve the spell and then the miscast. I would assume the Lore Attribute comes at the same time as the spell. So you wouldn't be able to heal a lost wound by the miscast with the attribute ;)

theunwantedbeing
07-11-2013, 12:12
You always resolve the spell before doing the miscast.

Vipoid
07-11-2013, 12:16
You always resolve the spell before doing the miscast.

I know you resolve the spell first, but I'm talking about the lore attribute.

theunwantedbeing
07-11-2013, 12:30

Lore attributes are part of the spell.

Mr_Rose
07-11-2013, 15:22

…which is part of the spell's resolution. If lore attributes aren't part of the spell somehow, then the entire lore of metal is incapable of dealing damage, which is silly and therefore quite likely to be wrong.

Vipoid
07-11-2013, 15:27
…which is part of the spell's resolution.

So... if the lore of life is part of the spell, then doesn't that mean it can only activate after it has already resolved? O_o

Kain187
07-11-2013, 19:05
If you do not like the answer do not ask the question. It goes Spell then miscast. There really no way around it. Its not the part of the spell you want then the other part after the miscast.

Vipoid
07-11-2013, 19:13
If you do not like the answer do not ask the question.

My apologies for not liking nonsensical answers, I shall remember that advice in future.

theunwantedbeing
07-11-2013, 22:34
So... if the lore of life is part of the spell, then doesn't that mean it can only activate after it has already resolved? O_o

It's part of the spell.
It activates when you resolve the spell. (or in the cast of bonus to cast attributes, when the spell is actually being attempted)

The lore of life wound regain is resolved before the miscast
So you can't suffer the miscast, then resolve the attribute to get a wound back.

Fire & Beasts attributes both apply bonuses when rolling to cast the spell.
Metal, Light & Heavens all apply bonuses as part of the spell being cast.
Shadow & Death attributes happen immediately after the spell has been resolved (but this is still before miscasts get applied).

Page 34 of the rules clearly states you resolve the effects of the spell before rolling to see what the miscast is.

Romark
08-11-2013, 08:38
It's part of the spell.
It activates when you resolve the spell. (or in the cast of bonus to cast attributes, when the spell is actually being attempted)

So you can't suffer the miscast, then resolve the attribute to get a wound back.

Shadow & Death attributes happen immediately after the spell has been resolved (but this is still before miscasts get applied).

Page 34 of the rules clearly states you resolve the effects of the spell before rolling to see what the miscast is.

You aren't going to get a better answer than that.

Vipoid
08-11-2013, 10:18
It's part of the spell.

Thank you - that's a lot clearer. :)

dementian
08-11-2013, 10:27
Clearer but no less right than the like 5 people who said it before he wrote it out longer.