PDA

View Full Version : First time with fantasy Dark Elf 2000 point list

insideman
09-11-2013, 15:47
Hey al, I have written up the following list and would appreciate any feedback- however if possible i would like to avoid wholesale changes, this is based primarily on how many points can be made from a single cauldron of blood box

Lords 500 points

Hellebron on Cauldron of Blood

Heroes 295 points

Death Hag

Sorceress w/ Dispel Scroll

Core 620 points

Dreadspearsx20 with command

Darkshardsx20 with command

Witch Elves x10 with Command

Special 320 points

Hydra with Spit Fire

Repeater bolter

repeater bolter

Rare 360 points

Doomfire Warlocks x5 with master

Doomfire Warlocks x5 with master

Bloodwrack Medusa

Knifeparty
09-11-2013, 17:00
My only question is what is your main fighting unit, you have literally no units that can fight for more than 1 turn before being completely obliterated. The only thing remotely scary in this army is hellebron and she will be shot to pieces or hacked apart by basic infantry that gets into combat with the cauldron.

If you're going to take witch elves. Then take at least 30 and put the razor standard on them.

insideman
09-11-2013, 20:12
My only question is what is your main fighting unit, you have literally no units that can fight for more than 1 turn before being completely obliterated. The only thing remotely scary in this army is hellebron and she will be shot to pieces or hacked apart by basic infantry that gets into combat with the cauldron.

If you're going to take witch elves. Then take at least 30 and put the razor standard on them.

I thought about that long term, especially as the cauldron will give them a boopsted frenzy, but its a major points sink and would take away a lot of my ranged threat

also, it would mean splitting my force

insideman
10-11-2013, 20:25
How would you change the list?

drop the shards/spears for witch elves or drop the witch elves for spears?

or should i be looking at executioners?

Dirty Mac
10-11-2013, 20:34
I would definitely take some shades,

Don Zeko
10-11-2013, 20:46
Don't put Hellebron on the Cauldron. Put her on foot and put the death hag on the cauldron. She'll still get a 5+ ward if she's in a unit with the cauldron, she won't be vulnerable to cannons, and she won't lose an attack from her paired weapons.

insideman
11-11-2013, 14:12
I wondered about that, putting her in with the witch elves to boost their frenzy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

npow34
11-11-2013, 21:43
If you are wanting to run a range heavy army then I would drop Hellebron. She is a close combat character and in her place I would bring a lvl 4 sorceress on shadow to really boost the effectivness of your shooting by casting the withering on your target of choice. Then bring level 2 on dark to fire some magic missles and taking advantage of your warlocks running around soulblighting things and raining doombolts on reduced toughness units.