PDA

View Full Version : 3K O&G Tournament List

Thortek
11-11-2013, 15:30
Hey guys I am trying to make a tournament here is a few weeks and I am running my O&G. I wanted to see what you guys thought of this list since I am just coming back to fantasy. Here it is:

Black Orc Warboss
Armor oSilver
Sword sword of slaying
dawnstone

Goblin Great Shaman
LVL 4
Tailiman of Prev.
Arachnarok

Goblin Shaman
lvl 2
Scroll

Goblin Shaman
lvl 2

Goblin Shaman
lvl2
Savage Orc Shaman
lvl 2
Shruken Head

Black Orc Boss
BSB
Armor of D

30x night Goblins
Bows
Full Command
Nets
3x Fantatics

30x night Goblins
Bows
Full Command
Nets
3x Fantatics

30x night Goblins
Bows
Full Command
Nets
3x Fantatics

30x Savage Orc big uns
Big stabba
FC
extra hand weapon

6x River Trolls

Doom Diver
Doom Diver
Mangler
Mangler

this is the rough list off the top of my head, Debating dropping the Warboss and making another lvl 4 shaman with all those channels. Maybe more gobos/fantatics?

sigmarus
12-11-2013, 13:17
I like that you put your lvl4 goblin great shaman on a spider, that is cool and different. just be careful because a cannonball can snipe him. Also, you are wasting points on hero level casters. the 3rd lvl2 goblin shaman has no point in the list.

Your night goblin units could be bigger, but 30 is decent. If on the other hand you are just looking to max fanatics, make your unit sizes 21 and drop the nets. Try 3 units of 21, no command, 3 fanatics. then one unit of 50, command, nets, 3 fanatics.

Your savage orc big uns could also be bigger. I usually run mine in 40 because I know they will take some hits before they see combat.

Remember that in 3k you can get 3 of each rare. a 3rd doom diver is nice, or some rock lobbas, or some pump wagons for your flanks.

Wash
12-11-2013, 14:31
You can drop 2 of the lvl 2 Goblin Shaman's. Definitely boost the Savage Orc Big'Uns to 40. Instead of River Trolls take Black Orcs with the standard of discipline and park your warboss and BSB in that unit. That gives you a LD10 bubble which is fantastic for nearby goblin units, this is VERY effective in locking up units. Also try to find some points for a unit of wolves or spider riders to take out artillery.

Thortek
12-11-2013, 15:14
Thanks for the input guys, I was doing the ton of wizards due to the Channeling on a 4+ within 6 of the spider. I will def look into this, I am gonna see about those black orcs also, I have the models for both I'll do a little play testing. Please feel free to drop in any other comments.

Thortek

Skullcrusher
12-11-2013, 17:38
Looks cool list.

Just take as many level 1 night goblin wizards as you can, level 2 upgrade is waste of points. Also, I'd take savage orc bsb with standard of discipline instead of black orc. It's cheaper and better.

Thortek
12-11-2013, 23:00
So here is what I came up with with a buddy

black orc Warboss Armor of D dawn Stone Swift sword of slaying
lvl 4 savage orc shaman Shruken head

heroes
lvl `1 night goblin shaman
savage orc big boss Banner of Discipline
lvl 2 savage orc shaman D Scroll

4x Units of 21 NG shamans with bows, No command 3 fanatics each

40 savage orc big un' FC Big stabba
30x Black Orcs FC Banner of Flame
3x doom divers
rock lobba
3x mangler squigs
snotling pump wagon, Spikey rolla/spores
snotling pump wagon, Spikey rolla/spores

Thoughts?
3002 pts so I need to drop something just not sure what

Wash
13-11-2013, 18:18
Solid list, those units of NGs are going to play mind games with your opponents for sure. To find points you can drop a couple savage orcs (you have 2 characters going in the unit). I would perhaps consider dropping the standard of discipline from the BSB and giving him like an enchanted shield or something, then tossing the standard of discipline in with the Black Orcs. I am assuming the Big'Uns have extra HWs.

Thortek
13-11-2013, 19:11
yessir they do!

Yowzo
13-11-2013, 19:24
Not a fan of the stabba on the savages, just put more bodies or save the points.

I don't see why you'd want the lv 2 orc caster, unless you want it to max chance to get foot on the lv4. Either drop that or the gobbo caster, one cheap scroll caddy is enough.

Invest the points on a unit of wolf gobbos, or a cheap hero on wolf to help you clear the way so those fanatics and manglers aren't wasted on expendable units (remember you're paying 75 points for each threesome of fanatics and 65 for the manglers).

I'd drop banner of discipline on the bsb and instead put him armor of silvered steel. Re-rollable 9 is almost as good as re-rollable 10, and you really want your bsb to last. On the same vein, Fencer's blades on the lv4 will make a lot of rank and file hit him on 5s, which helps a lot. Shrunken head + fencer blades leaves room for the MR1 talisman, which gives the unit a nice 4+ against magic missiles.