PDA

View Full Version : Should I put any command on dark riders?

Ohris
12-11-2013, 07:35
Im starting a dark elf army and I bought a couple of boxes of darkriders and I was thinking about command...

Should I put any on the dark riders? Standard?, Champion? Musician?
I kind of think that they dont need any since they just shoot things up and charge warmachines and they should easily destroy any cannons and such without any command.

Should I use any command and if I should please tell me why?

SimaoSegunda
12-11-2013, 09:07
I always run a musician in my light cavalry units, so that I can get the +1 to rally when I flee with them.

Kain187
12-11-2013, 09:16
Muso- +1 to rally
Banner- the +1 combat res is huge. I use my dark riders to flank chariots or even units. As you play them more you will get comfortable with what you can get away with. Also breaking fort scenarios help which is very common in tourneys.

bigbiggles
12-11-2013, 09:40
Mus- almost always.
Standard- looks nice, useful in blood and glory

Ohris
12-11-2013, 09:42
Thanks... The musician really seems like a no brained now (VC player for ages so rallying has not been an issue).

I quess I will model them with banners and musicians then.

Romark
12-11-2013, 11:00
I always model them with FC, mainly because i like to have units all with FC occasionally, and it just add's a little more variation to the models. As long as you state at the beginning of a battle i cant see anyone complaining.

But yeah, i normally run with Mud and Standard, for the reasons stated above.

envy
12-11-2013, 13:22
Just musician. The should never be in a combat that they may lose, and the champion is basically useless for them. You don't want to take an extra 20 points onto a unit that should be cheap.

NurglesRot
13-11-2013, 02:26
And the more expensive the unit the less willing you will be to sacrifice them to block a critical charge etc. Keep your redirectors as cheap as possible I always say!