PDA

View Full Version : Digital Editions on Kindle

Eternus
12-11-2013, 10:59
Hey guys. Does anyone here have any of the digital codexes (or army books) on a Kindle, and if so, what does it look like? Do Kindles display only in black and white? This is the straight e-reader, not the Kindle Fire...thanks.

Charistoph
12-11-2013, 18:17
My kindle is B&W, but a fairly old one (approaching 4 years old now). It doesn't do PDFs and color eBooks badly, but it can lose translation and definition somewhat easily if they rely on color. If the document's text isn't sized right for a PDF, it can be a bear to read. Other than that, a very useful device for book reading. I've read a couple book series on it, in fact.

I don't have one of GW's eBooks, so I can't really define it well for that experience.

Eternus
15-11-2013, 14:58
My kindle is B&W, but a fairly old one (approaching 4 years old now). It doesn't do PDFs and color eBooks badly, but it can lose translation and definition somewhat easily if they rely on color. If the document's text isn't sized right for a PDF, it can be a bear to read. Other than that, a very useful device for book reading. I've read a couple book series on it, in fact.

I don't have one of GW's eBooks, so I can't really define it well for that experience.

Thanks for your response.

sonsoftherock
15-11-2013, 19:35
I have a standard kindle and the Adepta Sororitas codex which displays in black and white, I have to say I think the formatting is alright (despite all the complaints) it reads ok. I do find Calibri, which is a freely downloadable e-book manager, works really well for reading the codex on the PC (where it is in colour).