PDA

View Full Version : Deimos Pattern Predator Infernus Magna Melta and DA

Gradek
12-11-2013, 14:47
I was thinking about getting one of these beauty's for Xmas, but was wondering if anyone (anyone who normally doesn't care about FW that is) would have a problem of me using it in my DA army. Also, has anyone tried out the Magna Melta, its range limits seem to keep it from being overpowered.

Ozendorph
12-11-2013, 16:51
At least in the experimental rules posted on their site, the Infernus is listed as a HS choice for vanilla SM, DA, Wolves, and BT (outdated, obviously). So as far as FW cares, you're all clear.

Kijamon
12-11-2013, 16:53
I was thinking about getting one of these beauty's for Xmas, but was wondering if anyone (anyone who normally doesn't care about FW that is) would have a problem of me using it in my DA army. Also, has anyone tried out the Magna Melta, its range limits seem to keep it from being overpowered.

Imperial Armour Apocalypse (chaos reaver titan on the front) allows it. Magna melta is pretty good but the plasma is even more brutal.

Camman1984
12-11-2013, 17:31
The magna-melta just makes it a shorter range demolisher, unless you get close (within 9") then its brutal but if someone lets you drive that tank that close they deserve the melty death it will inflict.

I would take the plasma, or, if you are playing a really big board take the heavy conversion beamer. People dont like when you toss str 10 pie plates at then from 4' away.

Gradek
12-11-2013, 20:38
The magna-melta just makes it a shorter range demolisher, unless you get close (within 9") then its brutal but if someone lets you drive that tank that close they deserve the melty death it will inflict.

I would take the plasma, or, if you are playing a really big board take the heavy conversion beamer. People dont like when you toss str 10 pie plates at then from 4' away.

I totally forgot about the melta rule on the turret gun, does kinda make the tank less than useful (9" is really close). The plasma it may be then (I really love the melta and the short range fits my army theme of close combat, but 9" to get the melta effect is absurd). Thanks for saving me $80.

Navar
12-11-2013, 20:56
I would allow it.

If I were running one I would take the Plasma.

Camman1984
12-11-2013, 21:15
Your welcome :) . Might not have saved you too much though, the other variants are cool.

Have seen a magna melta tank kill itself before, got up close to try and kill 2 russes then got bad scatter and melted itself.