PDA

View Full Version : Legion recon marine question

still-young
15-11-2013, 02:43
Gonna pick some of these up soon for my (yet to be started) AL army because I love the sculpts and they fit the theme, but I was wondering if they came with an extra helmeted head? Not too keen on the bare one, and planning to have most/all of my legionaries helmeted.

Also, are they decent rules wise?

Fizzy
15-11-2013, 03:52
Gonna pick some of these up soon for my (yet to be started) AL army because I love the sculpts and they fit the theme, but I was wondering if they came with an extra helmeted head? Not too keen on the bare one, and planning to have most/all of my legionaries helmeted.

Also, are they decent rules wise?

Dont have any idea on the helmets.

But my tip is buy the book before all the models. Much easier to design the army. No mistakes will be made. Also the recon squad is good for recon work. They wont take out a lot of units and they are just like scouts except the possibility to wear power armour and loose some rules when doing so.

But they wont do anything amazing. I would leave that to blobs of 20 marines.

still-young
15-11-2013, 07:16
Dont have any idea on the helmets.

But my tip is buy the book before all the models. Much easier to design the army. No mistakes will be made. Also the recon squad is good for recon work. They wont take out a lot of units and they are just like scouts except the possibility to wear power armour and loose some rules when doing so.

But they wont do anything amazing. I would leave that to blobs of 20 marines.

Im going to get the book with money I get for Christmas, but I want some models to paint to test out the AL scheme, see if I can pull it off, like painting it etc, and I really like the recon marine models, except that damned head haha

Mandragola
15-11-2013, 07:39
Honestly they aren't where I'd start. I'm not sure if the massacre book improves them for alpha legion but in the legion list they aren't very good. They aren't cheap and you can't take them as compulsory troops.

Col. Dash
16-11-2013, 00:55
Massacre has nnothing except a bolter round upgrade for AL and SoH. The next book should have AL.

Fallen11
16-11-2013, 08:13
You get 5x helmeted heads(they are gorgeous),1 bare head,5x shotguns,5x 'sniper' bolter few nades....
I got myself 10 of them. They are really awesome models! I might try to use instant mold to try to copy their capes to tactical marines for extra AL look.
In person that shaved head is not THAT bad actually,FW paint job makes is quite bad. Best thing would be to use some GS and try to model hood over it,it's what I plan to do.
They are marines, so you can use them as you wish basically.