PDA

View Full Version : 2 Hellcannons

Portz
19-11-2013, 12:08
I'm thinking of buying another hellcannon to use in my 2400pts list of woc and was wondering would this be a good move

BattleofLund
19-11-2013, 12:16
I'm thinking of buying another hellcannon to use in my 2400pts list of woc and was wondering would this be a good move

Since you have one, and obviously like to use it - yes, getting another would be a good move.

theunwantedbeing
19-11-2013, 12:29

It's a good move but there are two important questions you need to ask yourself before making the purchase.

1. Is the second one pre-assembled?
...yes, get the second hellcannon.
...no, see question 2.

2. Are you okay with assembling it?
...no, get the second hellcannon if you know of somebody who will assemble it for you.

teafloy_the_damned
19-11-2013, 12:38
2. Are you okay with assembling it?
...no, get the second hellcannon if you know of somebody who will assemble it for you.

A few months ago i bought a second hellcannon, the new "finecrap" version

Its quite good really, as after a few months painted on my bookshelf, its taken on a nice, melted, sagging look....blends in nicely with the Nurgle theme army (#sarcasm)

But i am taking a double Hellcannon list to a tournament next month, after multiple playtesting, running them as monsters and ignoring the cannon works perfectly!
I only ever fire them when they get trapped somewhere due to there massive base size.
They are the perfect flank protectors for my unit of warriors, they steamroll through anything and, if played correctly, their massive base size can prevent the whole trio being re-directed as the warriors unit cant pivot

Magic!

Tato
20-11-2013, 21:16
I understand you checked if 2 HC are legit under the upcoming tournament rules? Just asking 'cause the standard Euro rules for 2400 pts armies (they are apllied for most competitions) limit Hellcannon allowance to 1.

dooms33ker
21-11-2013, 05:22
Go Chaos Dwarfs and you can take two Hell Cannons and then use the daemon smiths as engineers to re-roll misfires or missed shots. :)

Skullcrusher
21-11-2013, 08:50
I understand you checked if 2 HC are legit under the upcoming tournament rules? Just asking 'cause the standard Euro rules for 2400 pts armies (they are apllied for most competitions) limit Hellcannon allowance to 1.
Actually, 2014 draft 1 ETC comp allows two hellcannons for WoC. Currently the hellcannon comp is: hellcannon/lore of death in the army/lore of tzeentch in the army, max 2.

And for the original question: yes, it's a good move.

Tato
21-11-2013, 15:58
Go Chaos Dwarfs and you can take two Hell Cannons [...]
Not true: Chaos Dwarfs (2400pts) -> Magma Cannon/Hellcannon 0-1/Dreadquake Mortar, max 3 in total

Actually, 2014 draft 1 ETC comp allows two hellcannons for WoC.
Maybe, but I doubt the tourney will be based on 2014 draft :)

Currently the hellcannon comp is: hellcannon/lore of death in the army/lore of tzeentch in the army, max 2.

Hmmm, not true, unless I can't read: Warriors of Chaos (2400pts) -> Core Chaos chariots, Marauder Horsemen, Warhounds, max 3 each; Hell Cannon, max 1. No sense arguing though, best I think Teafloy checks his comp rules to see what is legit and what is not. We actually don't know if they are employing Euro rules at all.

And for the original question: yes, it's a good move.
Fully agreed here. :) In fact this move is so good, that this is the very reason it is regulated.

Skullcrusher
21-11-2013, 17:35
Actually, 2014 draft 1 ETC comp allows two hellcannons for WoC.
Maybe, but I doubt the tourney will be based on 2014 draft :)
I doubt any tournament would use outdated comp pack. ;) Every ETC-comped tournament I've ever attended has always used the latest draft version. Which is quite logical, since the drafts are basically improved versions of last year's comp.

Currently the hellcannon comp is: hellcannon/lore of death in the army/lore of tzeentch in the army, max 2.
Hmmm, not true, unless I can't read: Warriors of Chaos (2400pts) -> Core Chaos chariots, Marauder Horsemen, Warhounds, max 3 each; Hell Cannon, max 1.
Currently = latest draft version.

dooms33ker
22-11-2013, 05:34
Why is everyone assuming the OP cares about ETC buggery? It is a good system for tourney play, but when did the OP mention tournaments?

MOMUS
22-11-2013, 09:43
He didn't, tefloy mentioned it briefly and Tato decided to derail the thread.

The hellcannon model is actually one of my favourite wfb models, just don't ask me to ever make another ;)

Romark
22-11-2013, 12:33
Sorry to threadhack (though, it's divulged a bit already...), could someone point me towards the most current ETC rules?

Also, on topic, 2 Hellcannons in a 2.4k list is pure evil. Evil.

Skullcrusher
22-11-2013, 13:30
Sorry to threadhack (though, it's divulged a bit already...), could someone point me towards the most current ETC rules?
Here (http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=119292&sid=807b51c32f7f6b5d364bd306c11cc1b8&start=0) they are.

Romark
22-11-2013, 13:41
Here (http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=119292&sid=807b51c32f7f6b5d364bd306c11cc1b8&start=0) they are.

Thank you :)

Warpaint666
24-11-2013, 03:43
2 Hellcannons, I say go for it! Make as much use of the shooting phase as the WoC will allow.

teafloy_the_damned
25-11-2013, 06:20
The organizer is using the South Coast GT comp pack, Hellcannons are 3 choices for 2

Check out this double hellcannon thread on the chamber of the everchosen for a nice discussion
http://s4.zetaboards.com/cotec/topic/9991503/1/#new

MOMUS
25-11-2013, 20:38
South Coast comp is pretty outdated now they aren't keeping it as a living doc and updating It throughout the year.

Brother Haephestus
14-12-2013, 02:41
A few months ago i bought a second hellcannon, the new "finecrap" version

Its quite good really, as after a few months painted on my bookshelf, its taken on a nice, melted, sagging look....blends in nicely with the Nurgle theme army (#sarcasm)Interesting. My friends and I live in one of the hottest states in the Union, my armies stay outside in the shed, and none of us has any melted Finecast.

Getting to the OP - your horde armies are your prime targets I think. Warrior of Chaos loves his hellcannon but we both agree that it is very hit-or-miss. I've played a lot of OK against him and the relatively small size of my units helps increase the scatterability of the shots. Obviously, two of them increase your chances of hitting, but thats a lot of points to sink in.

My personal suggestion is to tell your gaming buds you're proxying one to gauge performance, play a few games, and then go with what you feel is the best course of action. This will give you direct feel for how it works with your forces, how it fits in with local meta, etc.