PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2400 (first army i've written for 4 years)

Kiaoracrow
21-11-2013, 01:51
Hi guys, so i recently dug out my old warhammer stuff after moving flat and have, pretty much, a full lizardmen army unpainted (Don't have the Priests or the Kroxigor in the list yet). As well as painting it to have something to do I thought I'd write a list and head down to a gaming club when I next get a chance.
Last time I played was 7th Ed and I think this was when I bought the army. Just wondering if I need much else for the army or if I will get mauled each game with this list.
(Bearing in mind I still have to pick up a rule book so it might change a little still.)

Lords + Heroes
Slann 395
Harmonic Convergence
Transcendent Healing
Focus of Mystery

Skink Priest (Lvl 1) 95
Cube

Skink Priest (Lvl 1) 95
Magic Item

Core

20x Saurus w/ Spear - 250
Command

20x Saurus w/ Spear - 250
Command

12x Skink Skirmishers 84

12x Skink Skirmishers 84

24x Skink Cohorts 170
1x Kroxigor

Special
20x Temple Guard 310
Command

5x Cold One Riders 150

5x Cold One Riders 150

5x Cold One Riders 150

Stegadon 215

Total - 2398

Kayosiv
21-11-2013, 16:20
You already have Apotheosis if your Slann takes wounds, making transcendient healing unneeded. Buy a channeling staff for your Slann. It doubles the power of harmonic convergence for half the price. Make him the BSB too. With that many stupid cold one riders in your list you will want to have re-rolls.

20 man sized units are fairly minimal this edition. you probably won't get much use out of those spears as after 1 round of combat there likely won't be enough saurus left to use them. I'd stick with hand weapons for the parry bonus.

Putting 1 kroxigar in a unit of skinks that big is a very large waste. It can be targeted and killed before it gets to attack this edition, so only having 1 just means they'll earn more points by killing that unit of skinks because it will not beat anything in combat on its own. 10 skinks and a kroxigar is a decent chaff killer but even that is not needed. You probably also don't need 12 skinks per skirmisher unit, 10 is fine.

Throw an extra temple guard in that unit so with the Slann you can have a full set of 5 ranks. Buy them a magic standard too. +1 movement, +1 leadership, and magic resistance (1) are all good options that are cheap and will pay for themselves.

I would take out 1 unit of cold one riders. Increase the size of the other two to 6, give them spears, and upgrade your stegadon to an ancient.