PDA

View Full Version : Okay to be gay in 40k?

TheBearminator
21-11-2013, 09:56
Wow, that's a selling headline. :)

As inspired by the "best of the irregulars" thread. What gay characters have we got in 40k? Playable or pure fluff fillers, doesn't matter.

As "in the grim dark future there's no time for peace or forgiveness", I guess there's not a lot of room for love either, so I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is none, but I throw out the question anyway. :)

Spiney Norman
21-11-2013, 10:01
Wow, that's a selling headline. :)

As inspired by the "best of the irregulars" thread. What gay characters have we got in 40k? Playable or pure fluff fillers, doesn't matter.

As "in the grim dark future there's no time for peace or forgiveness", I guess there's not a lot of room for love either, so I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is none, but I throw out the question anyway. :)

I think the thing about 40K is that its not really the kind of setting where sexuality comes up much. I seem to remember when asked about sex in Dark Eldar Culture, Jess Goodwin's response was something like, "Its Comorragh, theres a lot of it going off", I should imagine DE try it all ways with everything just for the experience.

As to what the space marine squads get up to between missions, who knows...
I suppose I can't really see a reason for the Imperium to hate on it, they have bigger fish to fry chasing rogue psykers, heretics and the rest of it, and I would guess they just broadly let the everyday folks get on with things however they want to, though I would guess on hiveworlds at least there is some enforced sense of duty to keep the population going to fulfill tithes and wotnot.

DarthSte
21-11-2013, 10:07
We already had this discussion going on over here:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?378671-being-gay-in-40k