PDA

View Full Version : 'Rusted' - Announcement...

Aerion the Faithful
07-06-2006, 18:19
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/RustedW40kComic/Rusted-AnnouncementFinal.jpg

+ + + Aerion the Faithful & FreakForge + + +

athamas
07-06-2006, 19:15
fair enough, as long as you keep it regualr no one will mind

gives you a break aswell!

good luck with the rest of the comics

my_name_is_tudor
07-06-2006, 20:45
Now that's an anouncement

Kjell
07-06-2006, 21:00
Yeah, big ups for taking your time and drawing this instead of merely saying it. ;)

Ursca
07-06-2006, 21:29
Now that's what I call an excuse!

I agree with Athamas though.
As long as you keep them coming, the waiting period can be as long you want.

That Servitor is amazing and the monochrome orange/grey is fantastic as always. Keep it up!

Flame of Udun
07-06-2006, 21:31
Awesome! a kick ass pice of art and informative as well, also I spotted that ref to Event Horizon in there! Aerion mate you are such a pro!

Cpt_Tiberius
08-06-2006, 00:11
Nice image :) ! My only problem is the font is a bit hard to read, but otherwise awesome as usual. Thanks for the update!

my_name_is_tudor
08-06-2006, 02:13
Their third company has only one tactical squad?

Erm.. where's it say that?

I am MNiT, of Manchester - I am not however, the only person living in the entire city.

StormCrow
08-06-2006, 02:18
As long as there are still pretty pictures i will be happy

Aerion the Faithful
08-06-2006, 03:30
Thank you very much for all the replies, people! I know i have been 'quiet' lately, but i was sorting out some deadlines from the **shudder** real world.
I'm happy that the announcement is clear, and that you liked this image; i'm actually VERY satisfied with it. Cheers for my associate/writer/sculptor/friend FreakForge for coming up with such great characters and background to work with.
And now, to some answers and details...

As long as you keep them coming, the waiting period can be as long you want.

I'll keep them coming alright. If you read carefully, Sergeant Ferrugo said when he would be reporting again to the High Council ;) (and it's soon).

also I spotted that ref to Event Horizon in there! Aerion mate you are such a pro!

Thanks, Flame; you're too kind to me. I really can't take any credit for that reference (although i loved that movie!); the writing credits go to FreakForge as usual.

My only problem is the font is a bit hard to read

I thank you for the kind words as usual, Cpt.! And i will try to consider your eyes' well-being next time ;)

Athough the answer of my friend Tudor makes a valid point, this question should be answered by the writer, as he's the only one who knows how many brothers the Iron Souls are.

Thanks again to all those who have posted! And i would also like to see some of the non-posters pop-up sometime, if only to know you're alive and out there :)

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Pfreck
08-06-2006, 13:06
Nice one Aerion! :D I didn't anything from you for a month.. :S

Marshal Draziel
08-06-2006, 17:50
Absolutly stunning - I'll stay tuned

tzeentchgiant
09-06-2006, 13:57
Six editions a year?

That's more than I would ever have hoped for, you guys rock :D.

TG

Marshal Draziel
09-06-2006, 16:38
my_name_is_tudor's answer is unfortunately neither valid nor pertinent to my question. I was asking why the Tactical Squad in question was being referred to by the definite article. To be pertinent my_name_is_tudor's answer would have had to address that. To be valid my_name_is_tudor's answer would have had to say: "I am the MNiT, of Manchester - I am the only MNiT living in the entire city." Interestingly the valid answer also 'begs the question'. Meh...

Regardless of what my_name_is_tudor is trying to say, I am curious as to why the writer choose to indicate

oh no... it might be....... a typo!!?? Now we have to go and bitch totally about it, I mean; We cannot have small typos, oh no. It really ruins the overall feel

how about no! I still think it's great work - It certainly dosen't ruin the picture nor the info we are being fed.

Nid
09-06-2006, 16:53
Havent seen Event Horizon in ages, whats the nod?

Aerion the Faithful
09-06-2006, 17:13
my_name_is_tudor's answer is unfortunately neither valid nor pertinent to my question. I was asking why the Tactical Squad in question was being referred to by the definite article. To be pertinent my_name_is_tudor's answer would have had to address that. To be valid my_name_is_tudor's answer would have had to say: "I am the MNiT, of Manchester - I am the only MNiT living in the entire city." Interestingly the valid answer also 'begs the question'. Meh...

Nurglitch, i apologize if you feel that your question hasn't been answered yet. I am sure FreakForge will post soon and all will be cleared up. However, my native tongue isn't English since i'm argentinean, so this misunderstanding could have happened due to a gramatical mistake as Draziel stated. If it is, then i apologize again, and will be more careful with my spelling the next time around.
All i can say is that i don't wish for this to grow out of proportion, and have a Mod coming down this thread to hand out their Inquisitorial judgement.

Thanks to everyone who has posted, and for the support you've shown us. Next week, the Iron Souls will be appearing again on WarSeer.

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Flame of Udun
09-06-2006, 17:57
Havent seen Event Horizon in ages, whats the nod? "liberate tutemae ex inferis" it's from the recovered captains log on the Event Horizon, to quote the film:

D.J. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005042/): I wasn't going to tell you this. I've been listening to the distress signal, and I, um, think I made a mistake in the translation.
[Plays the distress signal]
Miller (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000401/): Go on.
D.J. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005042/): I thought it said "liberate mae" - "save me." But it's not "mae." It's "liberate tutemae" - "save yourself." And it gets worse.
[Plays the distress signal again]
D.J. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005042/): There - I think that says "ex inferis." "Save yourself... from hell." Look, if what Doctor Weir tells us is true, this ship has been beyond the boundaries of our universe, of known scientific reality. Who knows where it's been, what it's seen. Or what it's brought back with it.
Miller (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000401/): From hell.
Man, that gives me chills just thinking about that film, it freaked the bejeezus out of me! Quality film though.

FreakForge
09-06-2006, 20:45

In simple words: yes.

Why?,... there are many reasons.
The chapter is very "young", and does not bound itself to the "Codex Astartes".
And there is another reason, more unique and misterious,... but you must read the all story to find out! (sorry but i'm not able to hand out spoilers :D).

Thanks.

FreakForge

colrouphobic
19-06-2006, 09:12
gah, so the portion of Warseer with Rusted in is still not up...does that mean we have to wait longer for the update?

*tears hair from head*

Can't
*hyperventilate*
Take
*hyperventilate*
the
*hyperventilate*
wait!

Aerion the Faithful
19-06-2006, 13:44
gah, so the portion of Warseer with Rusted in is still not up...does that mean we have to wait longer for the update?

Unfortunately, yes, you'll have to wait a bit longer mate. I believe, however, that the RustedEngine Studio section will be up soon (along with the rest of the WarSeer front page), before the weekend, so expect to see the update as soon as it is up!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

colrouphobic
26-06-2006, 17:25
ime for more hyperventilations.... section been up for atleast two days, its soon tuesday and....I have withdrawal symptoms...

Aerion the Faithful
26-06-2006, 17:31
Hey, corlouphobic, don't pass out yet! The latest chapter of 'Rusted' is on its way. It's already finished and awaiting for the Administrators to upload it! You and the fans will soon have it for your enjoyment! :D

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Sylass
26-06-2006, 17:35
Hi,

there was an error in the article management thingy and I wasn't able to upload new content. :(

Nick just managed to locate and fix the error and I'll take a look at uploading new stuff tonight or, in case that fails*, tomorrow. :)

*it's WC after all! :p

*edit*
Oh, Aerion, I'll answer your email then too...

Adept
12-07-2006, 11:50
So, any update on this thing? I've still not read it all...

Aerion the Faithful
12-07-2006, 12:47
Hey there, Adept! If you were wondering about an update of Rusted, i can tell you that the latest chapter is already up and running (and has been for a couple of weeks now); check it out here (http://www.warseer.com/rusted_discoveries). We would like to hear what you have to say about it and surely don't want you to miss out on this story :D .

Thanks for the interest!

Aerion the Faithful