PDA

View Full Version : All skink list competitive? 2500 points.

rocdocta
25-11-2013, 01:44
I have critically looked at what the slann brings to my table. How effective is he for the 450 points? could that be better spent else where? I run mainly skirmishers with dinosaurs to do the heavy hitting. What do you think of this? No magic. no saurus heroes. no bsb.

General
Skink Chief, light armour, shield, spear, ancient steg horns
Skink Chief, light armour, shield, spear, ancient steg horns

8x11 skink skirmishers

5 chameleon skinks

steg, horns
steg, horns
steg, horns
ancient steg, horns
ancient steg, horns

with no magic I am worried about being over whelmed by spells but then what do I have to fear? init tests are all passed on 1-4. S tests are passed on 1-5 for monsters and the skinks don't really matter. I could have taken a priest on a steg with a scroll but that's 80 points more than a chief in order to have +2 to dispel and a scroll. I will just have to watch the big spell and stop that.

-Totenkopf-
25-11-2013, 01:54
you could drop a unit of skirmishers to add a priest on foot with a scroll. The odd Wyssans could be nice too.. I would drop one to add some more chameleons though.. I am one of the few that isn't afraid to run a list without magic though.. So many people say it can't work. I say they are wrong. A slaan doesn't add very much to a list like this other than dispel power. 450 points for +4 to dispel and the odd buff.. Not worth it in a skirmish list.

Will struggle against Armies with big unbreakable units. A lot of fun to run though

rocdocta
25-11-2013, 02:21
thanks, the skirmishers = the minimum points spend for troops so they are pretty much set in stone. As you pointed out, the slann doesn't really give much in this list. even wyssans is only a nice effect on the stegs vs other T6 monsters. I had tried using it on the jav skinks for S4 javelins and T3 but it never really paid off.