PDA

View Full Version : OOC- Time for the ABC again?

samtheman
11-06-2005, 21:07
I was in it for a time and yes, that time was one filled with fur, fun, and explosions. The anit-badger crusade. An RP of epic proportions and epic storytellers. an RP chock full of goodness and coolness.

So, question is, anyone have the basic info from the thread? Do we need to re-type everything and start a new ABC? Do we even want to see the ABC live again? I'm willing to devote a bit of time to this- after all, this was the ABC. And we need it back.

So who's with me on this?

neXus6
11-06-2005, 21:10
The ABC escaped to a different forum and we are currently waiting to see how things turn out here before we move back. The main view is that we will but if the RPG section was going to become guilder only it really would need some consideration.

Grimskull Gutslusher
14-06-2005, 21:40
Don't worry, the ABC is entirely immortal. ;)

As Nex said, we moved elsewhere to wait things out untill things here became a little more . . . solidified.

Still, quite a bitch that we now don't have that beautiful 10000 post thread, and the other assorted thousands of posts from the myriad related threads. :cries:

lummy_al
15-06-2005, 18:12
where's the "new" ABC located, I googled but to no avail :(

dark_wulf
16-06-2005, 10:43
Don't worry, we will be back. Only moving Grimmy's big metal hide is harder than you think when squiglet supplies are low meaning you can't make a squiglet on a stick to make him hurry up. ;)

MidnightResistance
16-06-2005, 11:44
What is the ABC?

Grimskull Gutslusher
16-06-2005, 13:18
What is the ABC?

Cue the pathologically revenant CEO:

The ABC, or, to those of you with a pathological fear of the Roman alphabet, the Anti-Badger Crusade, is your one-stop shop for badgers, more violence than you can shake a stick at, and more sticks than youíll know what to do with.

From one perspective, it is an epic tale of interstellar war, wherein a brave group of elite warriors from every path in and outside of the 40K universe Ė Guardsmen, Orks, Dark Eldar, Space Wolves, Werewolves, Demifoxes, Businessmen, Inquisitors, Ninjas, Psykers, Chaos Marines, and, at one point, a vending machine Ė do battle with the Badger Empire, a threat ignored by the Imperium at large.

Using a slightly less deceptive set of words, itís a long-running action-adventure series with vast tracts of slapstick humor, self-parodizing conspiracies, and unnecessary violence. Itís been running for some 20,000-odd posts back on the original server Portent, evolving from its humble roots as a joke about forum members gone missing due to the work of badgers, to the grand narrative that unfolds before you, with a vast and shifting cast of characters.

And youíre welcome to be a part of it.

A word of note: The 40K universe depicted here is not the Grim Darkness of the Far Future. The Thirsting Gods are there to be laughed at, and preferably wedgied. Those of you who want your tales of gothic horror and multi-millenia-old revenge can go submit novels to GW.

MidnightResistance
16-06-2005, 15:37
Sweet Emperor!
It's better than I could have ever possibly imagined.
Best of all I have shed loads of free time in my quiet call centre job.
Sign me up!
Here, take my soul as a deposit!

dark_wulf
16-06-2005, 16:03
Who is on soul collection duty this week? Will it go straight into the vending machines again or suitably prepared first?

MidnightResistance
16-06-2005, 16:24
I'll shrink wrap it when I send it in the post.
Nice to see another Punisher fan on the boards ;)

Yin - Yang
16-06-2005, 19:09
I had a look at the ABC before Portent went down, and if it came back I'd be interested to be in it...what i read was hilarious!

Grimskull Gutslusher
17-06-2005, 01:44
Look for it to come back in the next day or two, once Lev and I (and hopefully Kasen) get it sorted out. :)

Shas'o'Fior
17-06-2005, 07:14
can i join?

Leviathan
17-06-2005, 13:14
Hello,

O.K now I've pulled myself away for World of Warcraft for long enough I think it's time to bring the ABC back home.

For all of you who'd like to join- I'll be pasting all the posts currently on Omen over here for you to have a read, there'll also be an OOC thread that'll be the best place for your initiation into this sacred and dutiful organisation......*cough*........O.K then if you really must know your given a knife and pointed in the right direction. There. Happy?

Also for all you new initiated you'll get your very own official ABC Tea-Towel.*

*Teat-towels may not physically exist

Tyra_Nid
17-06-2005, 13:36
Oi, Im still waiting on my tea-towel AND buxom secratery AND office with a view AND dental! I get the sinking suspicion ill be waiting longer still ;)

Oh and Lev, would be a good idea to leave space at the start of the main ABC thread for our big intro thing (i suppose that will have to be retyped if noone has a backup), rather than jumping straight into the story.

Looks like youve done that already :(

Maybe just have some of the first post in the IC thread directing people to the Discussion Pit, in which we can have our detailed description of The Badger Menace, characters etc.

EDIT: Just disregard that, Discussion Pit has come up already.

Also, I have a question. Is Nighty still officially our GM?

Grimskull Gutslusher
17-06-2005, 13:56
Nobody expects the ABC Quisition!*

Yeah, uh, NC is our in-character GM, shall we say. Though as it looks like he's went and got a life or otherwise jumped ship, we might need someone to fill that post lest the Quisition stage a coup. :p

To all respective new people who've posted in this thread, I'll direct your attention here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4347) where you can post ooc and generally sort out your character, etc. There's email info there, so get on MSN too.

You can see the main thread is up too now, there's a lot of info there since Lev is transferring all the action that has took place since portent went bye-bye. In any case it'll let you get up to speed as to where we stand, and again - MSN rules for any questions that you might have.

------

*To be competent.

Leviathan
17-06-2005, 14:11
Hello,

I'll post a speedy update of everything that's happened in this plot so far in the OOC thread soon.

Also Tyra: Don't worry. Plenty of space in OOC for all that stuff. ;)

Tyra_Nid
17-06-2005, 14:39
we might need someone to fill that post

*Cough*Leviathingy*Cough*

Grimskull Gutslusher
17-06-2005, 15:58
Leviabum is already the ooc GM. The real one that is.

I don't see why Gamesmaster and Grand Marshall have to be synonymous . . .

. . . now move to the damn Pit yer git. :p

Darkwind
17-06-2005, 16:12
Wait did someone say soul? I like souls. *munches*

Leviathan
17-06-2005, 20:49
Hello,

Oi! Get ye mits off me soul bag!

*hits Darkwind with =Q= stick*

Darkwind
18-06-2005, 13:52
Ow ow ow ow ow! Sticks hurt... :cries: