PDA

View Full Version : Questions for watchtower/building

Skywave
01-12-2013, 05:51
Ok after our last game, I have a few questions about units in building.

Is there any restriction for mixed unit garrisoning a building? In our game it was a unit of Trolls joined by a Goblin BSB on spider (so a cavalry model). We played that the Goblin had to leave for the Trolls to get in.

At some point the Trolls failed their stupidity test while inside. Do they have to exit because of that failed test, or do they stay inside anyway?

furrie
01-12-2013, 06:54
stupidity says you have to move, so I would say the trolls leave the building.

mjungledog
04-12-2013, 19:26
The rules state that Cav models must dismount before entering the building (at least when attacking it). I would have said the Gobbo would've had to dismount the Spider to be inside with the big boys...

Tae
04-12-2013, 20:01
The rules state that Cav models must dismount before entering the building (at least when attacking it). I would have said the Gobbo would've had to dismount the Spider to be inside with the big boys...

Indeed, mounted models cannot occupy a building, most even have to dismount to assault - but they still don't occupy even when they win.

Spider Riders are slightly different in as much as their special rules allow them to assault still mounted (and for the spiders to attack) however it goes on to state that even this does not allow them to garrison a building.

So the Gobbo in the OP cannot enter the building.

SteveW
06-12-2013, 02:29
Doesn't the gigantic spider have creeping assault?

Artiee
06-12-2013, 02:47
Yes it does.. So the spider can attack during the assault but can not garrison the building. This would include the unit the Goblin w/ gigantic spider.

Skywave
06-12-2013, 06:25
Thanks for the many answers :) Looks like we played it mostly right! The only error we made was that I didn't do the d6 wounds per hit with my catapult, would have emptied the tower in no time otherwise :P