PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf Wardancer character missing

Elly_Banearrow
01-12-2013, 15:23
I don't know if someone already noticed this, but I just want to find out if anything else is missing. I checked my gift list today and see if anyone has bought anything for me yet, and I noticed something from my list was missing. Couldn't tell what cause it just showed the remove button and no picture or name. So I ran through the US GW site a few times, going through the whole list and then I saw it, the Wardancer lord is missing. I think a few other characters are missing too, but I can't remember which one.

With this new development, following the discontinuing of the special models for the unit showing 3 of the 4 dances, makes me wonder if maybe Wardancers are no longer going to exist in the WE army. Or maybe they are gearing up for the supposed release next year and Wardancers are getting new models/duel kit. If this needs to be moved to the news and rumors forum, can a mod please move it?

Spiney Norman
01-12-2013, 20:40
That's really sad, the female Wardancer lord was one of the best WE character in the range, maybe one of the best in the whole wfb range. I'm glad I got mine in metal the last time they redid the book.

I wonder if this is just a case of running out of an old metal that didn't get finecasted or whether they will be discontinuing the kindreds system when the new book comes out. That would be pretty tragic because it means that not only has a great model been dropped from the range it would become unusable except as a unit champ for everyone that already owns it.

Elly_Banearrow
02-12-2013, 19:04
Is it missing from any other sites or just the US site?

Odin
02-12-2013, 20:20
That's really sad, the female Wardancer lord was one of the best WE character in the range, maybe one of the best in the whole wfb range. I'm glad I got mine in metal the last time they redid the book.

I wonder if this is just a case of running out of an old metal that didn't get finecasted or whether they will be discontinuing the kindreds system when the new book comes out. That would be pretty tragic because it means that not only has a great model been dropped from the range it would become unusable except as a unit champ for everyone that already owns it.

I'm pretty sure we'll get at least a hero level Wardancer character, even if the kindreds system goes, they're too iconic and the other elf books are full of different character types.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Kakapo42
02-12-2013, 21:51
Is it missing from any other sites or just the US site?

Yep, it vanished from the NZ site a while ago too. I think they ran out of stock along with the Shadow Dances. It really saddened me, since I had plans for that model (a couple of my friends are dancers themselves, so I was intending to buy up a couple and paint them up in their image).

WizzyWarlock
03-12-2013, 07:54
The characters are missing from the Special section too, leaving just the normal Wardancers. I'm guessing they're not making any more stock as they're going to get a new Witch Elves style makeover.

Elly_Banearrow
03-12-2013, 11:06
I was asking for the character model for christmas, and now they went and dropped it. Just my luck, right? I know brets were having issues a little while ago, but they seem to be ok minus missing half their lord range. Are Dwarfs in a similar state? They are said to be the next fantasy release..

popisdead
04-12-2013, 02:20
Those are metal models from 8 years ago. Don't expect GW to keep stock of metal models topped up.

Elly_Banearrow
04-12-2013, 11:03
Well, all I meant by making the thread is just that if it was out of stock it would say so on the page, not just vanish. There is no way to tell that the model was even a part of the range anymore as there is no image/link. I don't get why when they run out of something, instead of posting a big "Out of Stock" on the image/page they remove the whole listing. I know they've done it before, I'm seen them.

Gustav Kohn
04-12-2013, 21:18
I would assume that out of stock implies that they will restock. removing suggests that it is no longer carried. Have a pic of the model you wanted? I know the LGS has a model and I could purchase and send if it is the correct one.

Poseidal
05-12-2013, 11:20
I liked that one so much I bought it twice (though the second one was for a conversion).

I hope the variant stays in the next army book...

Elly_Banearrow
05-12-2013, 12:00
Have a pic of the model you wanted? I know the LGS has a model and I could purchase and send if it is the correct one. This link has a picture of the missing model.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/110275 (http://www.coolminiornot.com/110275)

I was upset enough about the cool looking dancing elves they got rid of, much less the lord character too!

popisdead
06-12-2013, 18:38
I wouldn't expect GW to say "last chance to get these WE characters you have had the chance to buy over the last 8 years."

They just remove stuff and put new stuff out.

Gustav Kohn
10-12-2013, 21:25
Was able to find it and purchase it. If you want it, I will pm you my paypal and ship it to you. If not, I will keep it for myself.