PDA

View Full Version : Is the WOC Daemon Prince a large target?

Citadel97501
03-12-2013, 03:31
Did I miss something or is the Daemon Prince not a Large Target? So it would have hard cover if waiting behind a unit of Warriors, or Marauder Cavalry.

Artiee
03-12-2013, 04:02
Correct, The WOC Daemon Prince is not a Large Target even though the DoC Daemon Prince is. (Facking Mat Ward).

bigbiggles
04-12-2013, 08:58
Well isn't that odd...

Either way the large target rule only stops cover saves from obsacles. So as long as he is half our more covered by the unit he will be benefit from the save

Kalandros
04-12-2013, 15:36
For the DoC one its an advantage, 18" LD bubble.

bigbiggles
04-12-2013, 18:32
I'd trade an 18" bubble for neigh invulnerability any day. Also cheaper in WOC. Maybe all that armor he can get shrinks him down

Efrovius
11-12-2013, 19:00
Is there a model that matches the non-Large Target, Monster known as the WoC Daemon Prince? Even if the rules say he isn't a Large Target, the GW model is a bit hard to get into cover without finding a building. My brother plays DoC and this one thing irks him to no end. Love it ;-)

godswearhats
11-12-2013, 22:20
I don't know of any other Monster that is not also a Large Target (but then I don't have every army book memorized ;-))

Knifeparty
11-12-2013, 22:54
The WoC Daemon Prince has never been a large target. And up until just now I didn't think that the DoC Daemon Prince was either…not that you'd ever see one.

Skywave
14-12-2013, 06:28
I don't know of any other Monster that is not also a Large Target (but then I don't have every army book memorized ;-))
The Varghulf for the VC is one of those :)

Yersinia Pestis
14-12-2013, 08:01
Nope, checked my book, the WoC daemon prince is not a large target!

godswearhats
14-12-2013, 17:01
The Varghulf for the VC is one of those :)

So it is! Good to know these things.

byrothegyro
14-12-2013, 19:04
The WoC Daemon Prince has never been a large target. And up until just now I didn't think that the DoC Daemon Prince was either…not that you'd ever see one.

DP in hordes of chaos book was large target, and I'm pretty sure in WoC 7th he was a large target also, I lost my 7th edition book so I can't check but I'm pretty sure that's what I remember, but now in 8th he is not.

bigbiggles
15-12-2013, 05:47
The prince was not a large target in the 7th warriors book

Edit: just checked all books since 6th for both mortals and daemons. The new doc daemon prince is the only large target one

Wesser
16-12-2013, 13:45
Like someone already said... being a Large target is actually a good thing.

18' LD bubble but not being able to claim cover from fences/walls/hedges of which there's usually very few if any? I'll take it

SanDiegoSurrealist
18-12-2013, 16:58
Since the +1 to hit large Target was dropped in 8th it is not that big of a deal.
Sure it is harder to hide a DoC DP behind stuff but come on he is a freaking DP! He was not rewarded by the Chaos Gods for being a coward peaking out from behind his troops checking to see if it is safe to come out!

18" LD bubble is nice to have, gets used more than -1 to hit because 12 foots DP is hiding behind a 3 foot fence.

Just a side note: Be'Lakor can be taken by DoC, is not a Large Target, and does not have the Daemonic Special rule, so no Daemonic instability rolls!
But he does still have Daemonic attacks so BoWD still sucks!.
Just thought I would share.