PDA

View Full Version : Looking for names

MarshallRenald
08-06-2006, 07:30
I just realized that I need to name my squads for my tournament. I have my characters named but have no idea how to name my crusader and assault squads. Any ideas or names would be great thank you.

Oops just realized I should post what army they are...Black Templars! What else is there?

Orbital
08-06-2006, 07:50
Name them after Patron Saints?

MarshallRenald
08-06-2006, 07:53
To me that sounds more Sisters of Battle, but you have sparked my intrigue. Where would I find these names?

Orbital
08-06-2006, 07:56
Right here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patron_saints).

I thought of it because the Black Templars are, in some ways, inspired by the Christian Crusades of old... and that brought the patron saints to mind.

MarshallRenald
08-06-2006, 09:22
Thank you very much. Also found some cool info and history I may incorporate into my Crusade as fluff. Thank you!

Prince of Moskova
08-06-2006, 16:53
Research the Crusades and select some names from there.

Use the Bible or Koran or (insert your choice here).

Names of Popes, Angels, etc.

It all depends on your particular fluff.

Yorkiebar
08-06-2006, 17:50
Commonly used squad names for any army are greek letters.

http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/gle/graphics/greek_alphabet.gif

For Black Templars specifically, though, it'd be nice to use angelic sounding names as others have suggested, preferably from 40K fluff.

Ardathair
08-06-2006, 23:39
What are the names of your characters? If you have a common source for getting their names, try looking in the same place to give the army a cohesive feel. In many of GW's stories, squads are named after the sergent leading it.

Despoiler
09-06-2006, 00:27
thats a crazy list of saints

a few of my favourites:

Saint Ammand, patron saint of :bartenders, brewers, innkeepers, merchants, vine growers, vintners (wine makers) and err... boy scouts :confused:

Saint Clare of Assisi, patron saint of television!

Saint Joseph the Betrothed Patron saint of fighting Communism

MarshallRenald
09-06-2006, 08:42
Chaplain Balian
Mashal Renald
and Rathen the Emporers Champion

Those are names from my D&D characters, other then that no real connection between them