PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Beastherd

Kirth
05-12-2013, 18:35
While I work on my High Elf Shadow Warrior Army, I decided to make run an army of evil alongside it. I need the balance to keep me motivated so while I may get tired of painting one, I can flip to the other. This is what I've spent the last few days mulling over for a list while I was purchasing the models and painting elves. I feel like I have a low model count for Beastmen but I haven't played in so long that I can't say for sure what is typical. I've tried to cover Leadership to a good extent but I feel I may have overspent on characters. Do I have too much magic and not enough magic items? I went for quantity over quality but what would be better?

Beastlord, Heavy Armor, Gnarled Hide, Ramhorn Helm, Dawnstone, Axes of Khorgor.
Great Bray-Shaman, level 4.

Bray-Shaman, Level 2.
Bray-Shaman, Level 2.
Wargor, Battle Standard, Heavy Armor, Shield, Dragonhelm.

29 Gors, Full Command, Additional Handweapons. <- Bray-Shaman
29 Gors, Full Command, Additional Handweapons. <- Bray-Shaman
8 Ungor Raiders.
8 Ungor Raiders.
9 Ungor Raiders.

5 Harpies.
27 Bestigors, Full Command. <- Beastlord, Wargor & Great Bray-Shaman
Razorgor Chariot.
Razorgor Chariot.
Razorgor Chariot.
Razorgor.
Razorgor.
Razorgor.

2500/2500

(By the way, my Razorgors will be represented by Thunderwolves with Manticore heads. I can't wait to see how it turns out once my order comes in!)

Rogzor87
05-12-2013, 18:51
Hey,

I like the list as a beastmen player myself. A few suggestions I would throw out myself would be to make the typical 206 Wargor BsB(heavy armour, shield, Gnarled Hide, Beast banner) and have him go with the Gors instead of the Bestigors. Beastlords are good in combat but are generally better at being tough then being a beat stick so most people stick to that. In addition, Crown of command(whatever it is called to give him stubborn) is great on him.

I would try to go for 40/20 for the gors but that is just my opinion. Horde Formation the 40. Maybe ambush the other 20? or have them aside for watchtower if you get that mission. Same with Bestigors. Horde formation is usually key for Beastmen. In addition, Give the Bestigors Standard of Discipline and put the Great Brey Shaman and General in there. Your army will be running around at Ld10 within the Inspiring presence bubble. Keep the gors with the Bsb close by so the re-rolls are there.

For the two extra shamans. Make one level 1 and give him the Herdstone. That will make your magic phase stronger. Then put the two wizards with the Ungor raiders near the Herdstone.

I don't know anything on Razorgor Chariots for I never use them or seen them in action. Single Razorgor's are amazing though.

This is usually general advice that all beastmen players give eachother. Don't know if you seen or been told it before. Hopefully this helps some.

Teongpeng
06-12-2013, 10:14
What are the level 2 shamen for?

Kirth
06-12-2013, 16:56
@Rogzor87: The redistribution of the Gors I definitely should do, I hadn't considered the scenarios like that. I'll have to pencil a new list with the BSB changes and see where I end up with points. Have you ever used units of 2 Razorgors? Curious if the benefit outweighs the loss of single monster mobility.

@Teongpeng: Is it not worth it to pay for the upgrade? I was thinking I'd use them to bolster my units with Wyssan’s Wildform. If I only need them to be level 1 for that, then I can save points there.

Kirth
12-12-2013, 20:11
Made some changes, thoughts?

Beastlord, Additional Handweapon, Armor of Silvered Steel, Gouge-Tusks.
Great Bray-Shaman, level 4.

Bray-Shaman, Level 2.
Bray-Shaman.
Wargor, Battle Standard, Heavy Armor, Shield, Gnarled Hide, The Beast Banner.

37 Gors, Full Command, Additional Handweapons. <- Beastlord, Wargor & Great Bray-Shaman
19 Gors, Standard, Musician, Additional Handweapons. <- Bray-Shaman
6 Ungor Raiders.
6 Ungor Raiders.
6 Ungor Raiders.
5 Ungor Raiders.

5 Harpies.
29 Bestigors, Full Command. <- Bray-Shaman
Razorgor Chariot.
Razorgor Chariot.
Razorgor Chariot.
Razorgor.
Razorgor.
Razorgor.

2498/2500

JDV311
13-12-2013, 15:24
I think your beast lord needs a ward save. Your big shaman needs a ward save. A dispel scroll, herdstone, and scepter of stability would do you well also.