PDA

View Full Version : Primal Fury

morganleah
06-12-2013, 09:17
Hi All,

I am due to play my friends new beastmen army on Sunday and I have a quick question as i don't have the book (the only one i don't have) is primal fury a LD test? or is it a characteristic test? Was wondering this because I am going to be playing as Ogres and wondered how it worked against fear causing units as you only have to pass one LD test per phase does this mean.

A) they roll one and if they pass they get the Hatred and full WS or Fail and get no Hatred and WS 1
B) they Roll 2 nominating first one then the other
C) Another way I haven't though of.

Obviously if the answer is it is a characteristic test not a LD test then B is the answer. Any help would be very useful as we don't want to get off to a bad start with rules on this one!

furrie
06-12-2013, 09:39
It is a LD test and I've always played to take two test, but I'm not sure if this is correct and as I don't have my books with me I can't check it.

Teongpeng
06-12-2013, 09:48
im a beastmen player and I usually roll for fear tests and primal furies separately. Am not aware that Ld tests are only rolled once...

Valaraukar
06-12-2013, 09:56
Are you sure you're not confused with Panic which can only be tested for once a phase?

morganleah
06-12-2013, 10:35
I may well be confused with panic! i shalt consult the book of rules immediately!

theunwantedbeing
06-12-2013, 10:51
Panic is once per phase.
Leadership tests in general are take however many you are told to, whether this is one, two or a million.

Both tests happen at the same time. (at the start of the combat round)
So you pick the order, or roll to see which goes first.

morganleah
06-12-2013, 10:57
Thanks all! question answered! my stupidity uncovered job done!

Artinam
06-12-2013, 11:35
Mmh, if you get to pick the order it would be wise to test primal fury first as there is a small chance of becoming frenzied :)

Kalandros
06-12-2013, 17:06
Mmh, if you get to pick the order it would be wise to test primal fury first as there is a small chance of becoming frenzied :)

Both test happen at the same time.

popisdead
06-12-2013, 17:57

My sure there is a set of circumstances that Panic and Primal Fury happens both at the same time (start of combat). Fear though, but panic? Is there a magic item that makes enemy units take panic at the 'start' of combat?

decker_cky
06-12-2013, 18:56

Meaning the player whose turn it is decides on the order (on beastmen turn, always roll for PF first, if playing against beastmen, always make them roll fear first).

ArtificerArmour
08-12-2013, 15:10
It doesnt matter what order really - if they fail fear, then become frenzied, they are immune to psychology - thus they may have failed their fear, but its doesnt matter as once they are frenzied they immune to the effects.

I only do PF first as it saves me rolling another ld test if i do get that ever evasive snake eyes

decker_cky
08-12-2013, 15:31
The order matters. There's no ongoing fear effect to become immune to after the test. If you fail, you're WS1. If you then roll frenzy, you're frenzied at WS1.