PDA

View Full Version : Digital Warlod Tigurius write-up, uh?

Horus38
06-12-2013, 22:13
So I saw Tigurius got a digital warlord release today (http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Tigurius.html) and was mildly excited when I saw this as part of the write-up:

"Now you can learn more about his history, battles and his deadly attempt to tap into the gestalt consciousness of the Tyranid Hive Mind."

Having acquired a copy of the this document I have since read it twice and not only is there not any new information on Tigurius's attempt to tap into the Hive Mind, there is barely any mention of the Tyranids at all in this publication. A most resounding :wtf: black library. Someone please point out if I am missing something with this!

DoctorTom
06-12-2013, 22:21
Someone please point out if I am missing something with this!

You're missing the money you spent on this. You should send an email to them complaining about the false advertising and ask for a refund if they didn't include stuff that they claim is in there and you bought it based on those claims.

3eland
06-12-2013, 22:30
You're missing the money you spent on this. You should send an email to them complaining about the false advertising and ask for a refund if they didn't include stuff that they claim is in there and you bought it based on those claims.

+1 to this, I would be very upset if I bought something due to what was advertised only to find out nothing about it was in the product. It's like going to the grocery store and buying a milk carton only to find it filled with water.

Horus38
07-12-2013, 04:46

<---- Actually this guy isn't missing any money ;) And I did send an email to black library so we'll see what they come back with.

Wintermute
07-12-2013, 10:08
I'd contact Trading Standards, not GW, making a formal complaint about misleading advertising.

Horus38
07-12-2013, 15:55
I'd contact Trading Standards, not GW, making a formal complaint about misleading advertising.

Sorry for being a bit daft, is that the equivalent of the Better Business Bureau for the UK?

Ssilmath
07-12-2013, 16:04
Wouldn't it be better to solve this at the lowest level first? You know, in case somebody didn't get the memo that they weren't going to include that information or something like that? Give them a chance to fix the mistake?

Wintermute
07-12-2013, 19:21
QUOTE=Horus38;7002431]Sorry for being a bit daft, is that the equivalent of the Better Business Bureau for the UK?[/QUOTE]

I can't answer that one.

Wouldn't it be better to solve this at the lowest level first? You know, in case somebody didn't get the memo that they weren't going to include that information or something like that? Give them a chance to fix the mistake?

Possibly, but the error may have resulted in a breach of laws regarding the sale of goods which may not be looked upon favourably by the relevant authorities.

Ssilmath
07-12-2013, 19:36
Possibly, but the error may have resulted in a breach of laws regarding the sale of goods which may not be looked upon favourably by the relevant authorities.

And the benefit for doing this is...what exactly? Especially if it was a case of miscommunication, a mistake or even a bug in the e-Reader.

Theocracity
07-12-2013, 20:26
And the benefit for doing this is...what exactly? Especially if it was a case of miscommunication, a mistake or even a bug in the e-Reader.

Well, even if it was a miscommunication or mistake - which I'm inclined to think that it is as well - it's still something that should merit a bit of oversight. An inquiry from a business oversight group might spur GW to put some better processes in place regarding advertisement communications, which is ultimately good for them.

I don't think there's any kind of real breach or big stakes here - if it happened to me, I likely wouldn't spend any time pursuing it - but even if it was sloppy rather than malicious I'd rather they resolve it rather than ignore it.

Grocklock
07-12-2013, 20:37
Before we call war upon GW is it not worth contacting GW about it, as said above there could be missing content which failed to Copy over to itunes or the black libary website. Or maybe there is a missing part they failed to put up.

Also if I was to buy a bottle of milk from a store and it had water in it, I'd go back to the store and calmly raise it there. If it was not getting resolved if then go to trading standards. Because the first thing they are going to say is have you trid to resolve it with them

Theocracity
07-12-2013, 20:38
Before we call war upon GW is it not worth contacting GW about it, as said above there could be missing content which failed to Copy over to itunes or the black libary website. Or maybe there is a missing part they failed to put up.

Also if I was to buy a bottle of milk from a store and it had water in it, I'd go back to the store and calmly raise it there. If it was not getting resolved if then go to trading standards. Because the first thing they are going to say is have you trid to resolve it with them

Very true. If you have a problem with a GW product, they should be the ones to resolve it first.

Ssilmath
07-12-2013, 20:39
Very true. If you have a problem with a GW product, they should be the ones to resolve it first.

That's what I was advocating in the first place. Always solve things at the lowest level if possible.

Horus38
30-12-2013, 02:58
So update: took them a fair bit to turn it around, but Stuart over at Black Library did actually reply to my email offering his apologies over the slip up. And true to form the product description on BL website has been amended accordingly! I'm sure everyone will rest a lot better ;)

Dr Zoidberg
30-12-2013, 04:49
Did they offer to refund your money, given you bought the thing based on the original - incorrect - description?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Horus38
31-12-2013, 13:26
Did they offer to refund your money, given you bought the thing based on the original - incorrect - description?

I didn't actually buy it, just managed to acquire a copy to read ;) I normally wouldn't care about a little slip up, but this was such a huge discrepancy that I wanted to at least bring it to their attention.