PDA

View Full Version : Titan buying help

silverstone08
07-12-2013, 12:38
Hi all
So after coming into a bit of money and having a few freinds also into 40k i wanted to get one of them a titan for chrostmas. Quick question to those that might know.
If i buy a mars pattern warhound are all weapons compatible with it or only the mars pattern weapons and same question for the lucious?

Kijamon
07-12-2013, 12:41
I'm not 100% but I think they will fit but it just won't look quite right. The patterns are designed to be complemented with the arms. The Mars patterns armpits are exposed and can be seen while the Lucius is quite hidden away under those giant shoulders.

I wish I had friends like you, hats off to you.

silverstone08
07-12-2013, 12:54
Thanks. Ive also noticed that the mars and lucious all have the same weapons avalible so the points mute anyway. Just need to find out which pattern and armament they prefer. Any suggestions on pattern?

Kijamon
07-12-2013, 13:19
Mars all the way, by far the cooler looking choice but it is very much up to the individual.

In terms of guns, don't let them go double turbo laser lest they want no friends. D strength guns are annoying.

MajorWesJanson
08-12-2013, 04:06
Mars all the way, by far the cooler looking choice but it is very much up to the individual.

In terms of guns, don't let them go double turbo laser lest they want no friends. D strength guns are annoying.

The original Mars pattern came with a vulcan megabolter and a plasma blastgun. Not the strongest build, but at least it can shoot at fliers.
If you want one to hunt down tanks and heavy infantry, a turbolaser/plasma cannon looks good and is versitile without being a "stick as many D weapons on it as you can!"
Anti-infantry, the Inferno Cannon is fun but shorter ranged, but not something you want two of unless you are running it along side say Salamanders or Sisters, then it becomes fluffy.

Magnetizing the weapons is also a good idea- comparatively speaking additional guns for the warhound are not all that expensive, so buying 3-4 guns is perfectly viable if you want to try run different loadouts
As a note, magnetize the guns where they connect from the gun to the arm. It's a lot easier than trying to magnetize the arm to the shoulder.

Also note that while the Mars turbolasers and infernocannon work for either side, the plasma blastgun and vulcan megabolter have defined sides- VMB is left arm, Blastgun is right arm. There is nothing physically stopping you from putting them on the wrong side, but it will look odd, especially if you want to run 2 VMB or 2 Plasma blastguns.

Another minor note is that the Warhound has 2 voind shields in the rules, and the pars pattern has 2 void generators on it, the lucius pattern for some reason has 4 shield generators on the model.

dooms33ker
08-12-2013, 06:38
Wait a minute, you're buying a Titan for a friend for Christmas? What a lucky guy!

Rolsheen
08-12-2013, 06:42
Because its a super-heavy (fire at multiple targets) the weapon load really isn't to much to worry about. A good idea is to start with the standard loadout (Vulcan Mega Bolter and Plasma Blastgun).

draccan
08-12-2013, 15:00
Don't forget to take a picture of your friend's face when he opens his present and post it here presently ;)