PDA

View Full Version : VC list zombie growth

Dragokeimpema
07-12-2013, 19:38
I am thinking of doing a horde army of zombies from vc i was thinking of having lots of necromancers at the back raising horde after horde of zombie, a friend of mine did this with ghouls he said it worked really well, was thinking if i do this with either hordes of ghouls or zombies if i keep my necromancers at the back should i put them in small units of something so i can get look out sir rolls from shooting attacks and stuff like that, but i would still be pin pointed by some magic spells or does anyone know any good way around this?

MR. GRUMPY
07-12-2013, 20:31
I must have missed the fluff about zombies and their sexual preferences.

Sexiest_hero
07-12-2013, 21:00
I am sure he means they are very happy zombies!

Dragokeimpema
07-12-2013, 21:08
yup happy zombies as there is lots of brains old english meaning, nothing to do with sexual preference

Senbei
07-12-2013, 21:41
I used to run this list a long time ago... back when Zombies were a lot better than they are now. You'll want to bunker your Necromancers, but a capable opponent will still be landing rocks on your casters heads almost every turn. You'll also struggle to kill anything tougher than a goblin because zombies are really pants on their own and fear isn't anywhere near as scary as it was a few editions back.

Edit: I just double checked the 8th ed rulebook. Fear really is a pathetic shadow of what it was. Once-upon-a-time an opponent who failed a fear test when trying to charge an opponent they feared would only hit on 6s if they outnumbered the fear causer. If they were outnumbered themselves, they would fail to charge. The best part of the old fear rules though was that if the Fear causer won a combat and outnumbered, their opponent would automatically flee (as long as they weren't immune to the rule for some reason).

Kalerith
07-12-2013, 22:01
List is thematicly awesome. Unfortunantly it will rarely work in practice.
Zombies are crap. Ghoouls could work cus they put out a lot of wounds. Still it would struggle vs. Empire.
And also you have no way of boosting ghouls above starting size in the new book i believe.

spagg
07-12-2013, 22:18
That is correct about Ghouls. You can never have more then you start the game with in the current book.

m1acca1551
08-12-2013, 00:02
Auto break from fear was one of the worst mechanics of 7th, yes it was really really fluffy and all that but... It really made games really one sided, for the highly competitive it was great "oh my vampire killed your front rank and you can't strike back... Oh well you lose" not my cup of tea at all.

Zombie spam lists are ok, but don't expect to win, your casters will simply be asssinated by CC, magic or miscast.

Also you are really forcing yourself to have decent magic phases, 1 bad phase can hamstring a optimised VC list, a zombie list...it is a disaster.

Take a normal list with maybe 2 small units of 20 zombies and in if the hell out of them... Hordes of 50 zombies are very scared especially on turn 3-4-5 when the enemy has lost units and you can afford to though a unit of 50 at him and smile.

kylek2235
08-12-2013, 00:30
List is thematicly awesome. Unfortunantly it will rarely work in practice.
Zombies are crap. Ghoouls could work cus they put out a lot of wounds. Still it would struggle vs. Empire.
And also you have no way of boosting ghouls above starting size in the new book i believe.

This list works just fine in combination with twin terrorgheists or twin mortis engines with ethereal characters. If used right, it's pretty hard to get points off of. I've seen it used a few times across the Texas GTs and a guy in our gaming group has had great success with it.