PDA

View Full Version : Dark Side Calls

H3L!X
08-12-2013, 09:10
Hey Warseers,

i need your help in finding a Legion/God to join.

I myself have no knowledge in the storys of them. I like mobility and trickyness. My primary Army is Eldar Iybraesil.
I also like the idea of beeing a traitor because them say so, but actually fighting for humanaties freedom.
I have the starterbox models and i don't have plans to get new models, but i want to be sure that i can be happy when i do add to the warband one time.

So when you would be the master of your legion how would you get me to join you?

Charistoph
08-12-2013, 12:55
Might I suggest a DIY Slaanesh warband? It works as a counter to your Craftworld, and you can even say that they were driven to it by your Craftworlders as they fought a losing battle and Slaanesh offered them an out that they took advantage of.

H3L!X
08-12-2013, 14:30
Sounds good!
Am i right that diy = do it yourself?

Charistoph
08-12-2013, 14:59
Sounds good!
Am i right that diy = do it yourself?

Correct. That way you can make their story how you want.

Shadowolf84
08-12-2013, 15:03
What you want sounds like the Soul Drinkers.

Betrayed from the empire, lured into a trap prepared by Tzentch
and refused to obey the god and fight instead against chaos.

H3L!X
10-12-2013, 21:20
Ok...i am thinking of a custom warband where i mix charistophs ideas with souldrinker fluff.

@soul drinkers
it sounds like its better to play them with c:sm rather than a mutaded warband from C:csm

Thanks for your input Charistoph and Shadowolf84.

If you want i can tell you with what i come up in a few days.

H3L!X
16-02-2014, 22:32
Ok...i must confess that i still don't have a fully formed background.
But i think i now know a direction to go.
As i only have a really small warband i want to go with a group of Malal followers!
I already know that his symbol is a skull half white half black, but i have no glue over the general color scheme.
Any idea on that matter?

Charistoph
17-02-2014, 00:30
Well, the Sons of Malice are the poster boys for 'Malal' as much as the Emperor's Children are for Slaanesh. I believe they are a half and half black and white just like their skull symbol.

But, if they are your DIY, and you want to show them as being the split peronality of Malal/Malice, then a similarly opposite color scheme would do well in place.

Sir Didymus
17-02-2014, 03:46
How about a rabble United under one great leader, like this guy http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mao

H3L!X
17-02-2014, 07:37
I decided to do a black and white scheme!
But i think i will do halfs instead of quarters.

Anyone else annoyed that gw has no rights for malal? in my opinion the most interesting chaos god and the one i am likely to fall to ;)
Anyone here that knows the God that doesn't care? Thats a funny one too.

H

Grand Master Azrael
17-02-2014, 08:37
Alpha Legion-They are experts at infiltrationa dn other commando warfare and actually are naive enough to believe, despite shooting at their loyalist Brothers, that they are fighting against Chaos (they must be pretty thick)

Sir Didymus
17-02-2014, 08:58
Anyone else annoyed that gw has no rights for malal? in my opinion the most interesting chaos god and the one i am likely to fall to ;)
Anyone here that knows the God that doesn't care? Thats a funny one too.

H

Get a copy of the ancient RT Realms of Chaos tomes - the lost and the damned, and slaves to darkness. They contained guidelines for creating your own chaos gods :)

Grand Master Azrael
17-02-2014, 19:41
Get a copy of the ancient RT Realms of Chaos tomes - the lost and the damned, and slaves to darkness. They contained guidelines for creating your own chaos gods :)

wait-so there used to be more than 5 Chaos gods?

H3L!X
17-02-2014, 19:56
The background is not from GW originally as far i know.
So yes there are more!
The one that doesn't care has a big Y as symbol i think and everyone who refuses to care about something kind of worships him; problem is that the chaos god doesn't care about you worshiping :)

But i think you better discuss it in the background section!

Imperialis_Dominatus
27-02-2014, 01:14
Word Bearers are fighting for the freedom of Humanity from the Corpse Idol and their survival against the myriad threats of this dark galaxy by the might of the Chaos Gods.