PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Vampire Counts with Crypt Scavengers Battle Formation

meowser
09-12-2013, 20:19
EDIT2: correct pts values

2500 Points:

Lords:

Strigoi Ghoul King (Red Fury, Sword of Might, Channeling Rod, Dragonbane Gem, Other Trickster's Shard)
Master Necromancer (Level 4 Wizard, Lore of Death, Black Periapt)

Core:

36 Crypt Ghouls (Crypt Ghast)
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves
20 Zombies (musician, standard bearer)
20 Zombies (musician, standard bearer)

Special:

2 Bat Swarms
2 Fell Bats

Rare:

Mortis Engine (Blasphemous Tome)
Terrorgheist

Battlescroll Formations:

Crypt Scavengers:

Necromancer (Level 2 Wizard, Lore of the Vampires, Dispel Scroll)
24 Crypt Ghouls (Crypt Ghast)
8 Crypt Horrors
Garden of Morr

For those who haven't got the BattleScroll, here's an idea of what the Garden of Morr does
- Placed on player half of board before deployment
- Has an aura identical to the Charnel Pit from the BRB
- Everything from the VC AB that comes with regen (except for chariots) gets to re-roll regen at the same distance as above
- Wizards who know Death or Vampires can channel with 2 extra when within same aura distance

The way i see it, the Garden of Morr kinda costs ~200pts, as you have take at least 20 ghouls in the Crypt Scavengers formation, that won't count towards your min core. That, and if I read the rules right, the necromancer can't join units other that the ones in his Formation (so no bunkering him in zombies -- unless you roll up Raise Dead for him ;))

General idea is to place Garden fairly centrally and try and force combats around it. SGK and Vamp go in core ghouls and are the hammer. Horrors are the anvil (if in anvil and garden range, they have 4+ re-rollable regen!). Bats dogs and zombies to chaff it up.

Magic phase should be pretty boffo with L4 dead, 2 L2 vamp + Blasphemous Tome, Black Periapt, and up to 6 regular channels and 3 5+ channels per VC magic phase! On the defensive end I have the Balefire upgrade on the CC so I'll be dispelling at an advantage as well.

Fire is obviously a big issue. Another swap worth trying is dragonhelm, shield and book of arkhan on the babby vamp instead of enchanted shield and cursed book