PDA

View Full Version : Grudgebearer - set in present day?

Craze_b0i
09-12-2013, 20:43
Hi am looking for my next BL read and am tempted by some dwarf action. I was looking at Grudgebearer on the BL website. One simple question which hopefully folk that read it can answer: is it set in the present day?

reds8n
10-12-2013, 10:38
IS that even sold anymore ?

From what I can recall that was reprinted with a Nick Kyme book -- .. honourguard or somesuch ? -- and the dwarf background book.. and I don't know if that's even still available.

Anyway I believe that all the stories are set in " here and now" with regards to the WFB timeline.

Craze_b0i
10-12-2013, 19:55
Yes it is still sold. BL sell it as an ebook. Also, as with all warhammer novels, there are countless paper copies on amazon and other such websites.

As for Nick Kyme's Honourguard, getting slightly off-topic here, that was set in the past after the first chaos incursion - in the time when elves and dwarfs were allies.

DarkWarrior1981
11-12-2013, 19:28
What Red refers to is the Dwarfs omnibus. This volume contains the three dwarf novels by Gav Thorpe and Nick Kyme, Grudgebarer, Oathbreaker and Honourkeeper. Also included is an incomplete version of Grudgelore, an older background book.

I think, Gav's books are set in the 'today' timeframe, but I might be wrong, I read the books a few years ago.

Craze_b0i
13-12-2013, 02:41
Yeh I am aware of the Omnibus, but I am probably more inclined to buy just the first book as I am not sure if I am keen enough to read all three. Based on reviews Grudgebearer was the one that most interested me. And Grudgelore I already have. Anyhow thanks for the input.

GavT
14-12-2013, 14:01
Yeh I am aware of the Omnibus, but I am probably more inclined to buy just the first book as I am not sure if I am keen enough to read all three. Based on reviews Grudgebearer was the one that most interested me. And Grudgelore I already have. Anyhow thanks for the input.

Grudgebearer is 'present day' although it takes place over several centuries (being about dwarfs, after all). However, the climax of the book is a sort of alternate reality these days, based in the limbo background of the original Storm of Chaos storyline.

But it does have Chaos Dwarfs in it :shifty:

Gav

Craze_b0i
17-12-2013, 17:16
Hmmm Chaos Dwarfs you say...

I'd better go and order it now then. :)

Ty for the input.

Demiurg
20-12-2013, 12:01
Grudgebearer is 'present day' although it takes place over several centuries (being about dwarfs, after all). However, the climax of the book is a sort of alternate reality these days, based in the limbo background of the original Storm of Chaos storyline.

But it does have Chaos Dwarfs in it :shifty:

Gav

That is the reason I bought it.