PDA

View Full Version : Value of big Wall of Martyrs box at 100

Doppleskanger
11-12-2013, 17:07
Hi, very simple and short one. I have come across one of the splash released Wall of Martyrs big box sets still wrapped as new in a very out of the way hobby store. It's marked up at 100 sterling and there is no FLGS discount on that. I've been looking on line at pictures but can't quite make out what is in the box in terms of individual kits. So what would be the value of the box bought as separate kits? If I got my usual FLGS discount of 20% on the individual kits would there be any point picking up this big box now?

Thanks for any help!

Killgore
11-12-2013, 19:14
You lucky chap, I'm still in the process of painting the Wall of Martyrs I got last year, its a great investment.

You get...

2 of these Defence emplacements
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440312a&prodId=prod1780022a

3 of these Defence lines
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440312a&prodId=prod1780022a

and a Bunker
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1780024a

Grand total- 131.

Combine it with the Tempestus Firebase box and the new fortification book and you have one pretty mean gaming setup.

Beppo1234
11-12-2013, 19:32
yeah, it's a great kit!

fergusm
11-12-2013, 19:37
You lucky chap, I'm still in the process of painting the Wall of Martyrs I got last year, its a great investment.

Grand total- 131.

Not so lucky; with the discount situation he was talking about, getting this bundle would be a savings of 4.80 pounds. :)

Doppleskanger
11-12-2013, 23:17
Alright, thank you very much for the info Killgore (Trout I presume?) so now I have to figure out if the effort of hauling it back from the wilderness is worth the 13 savings... well heck 13 is enough for one of GW's horrendously over priced mono pose plastic IC models... sorry, behaving now... but yeah, it's only still available as it's way out in the Northern Isles somewhere... still... Saturday may well bring me an early Xmas present :D

Chem-Dog
12-12-2013, 07:34
I was disappointed that the WoM didn't have some clip system to allow you to put it together and keep it together when using it, stll it's not bad for what it is.. 100 for the splash box is a steal compared to buying it in components though, as Kilgore says. Grab it if you're at all interested in it, if not Grab it and ebay it, you should be able to make a profit.

Beppo1234
12-12-2013, 13:32
I was disappointed that the WoM didn't have some clip system to allow you to put it together and keep it together when using it, stll it's not bad for what it is.. 100 for the splash box is a steal compared to buying it in components though, as Kilgore says. Grab it if you're at all interested in it, if not Grab it and ebay it, you should be able to make a profit.

see, I think the kit is superb... I agree with your beef, but I'm different, in that moving parts (etc) do not happen on my GW minis. So my WOM is all glued together. I find leaving things to be variable, inevitably leads to problems down the road, such as things not holding together how you'd like.

one thing I love about the kit, is it is not flimsy. Each piece is a thick chunk of plastic.