PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos assemble for a 4K battle

Yersinia Pestis
11-12-2013, 20:19
In january i'm having a 4000 points battle against ogre kingdoms with a special rule: we must both field a maxed out character, meaning we must spend a maximum of points on just one character, preferrably the general! We both must take the most expensive we can get....
So here's what i've come up with:
755 points: LV4 Chaos sorcerer lord, mark of Tzeentch, lore of metal
mount: Chaos dragon
magic items: talisman of preservation, ogre blade, dragonhelm
chaos mutations and powers: third eye of Tzeentch, chaos familiar, soul feeder

I haven't been able to pimp him out more, can you?

For the rest of the list i'm gonna field some Lv2's with lore of death and shadows and just about every model i got, lol...

Minigiant
11-12-2013, 20:28
LORD – Demon Prince: 565pts
Level 4 Death, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Scaled skin, Charmed shield, Dragonbane Gem, Sword of Striking, Daemon of Nurgle, Soul Feeder, Chaos Familiar, Flaming Breath, Burning Body

Yersinia Pestis
11-12-2013, 20:40
LORD – Demon Prince: 565pts
Level 4 Death, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Scaled skin, Charmed shield, Dragonbane Gem, Sword of Striking, Daemon of Nurgle, Soul Feeder, Chaos Familiar, Flaming Breath, Burning Body

Yep, i like the daemon prince more too, i field one in my 2000 pts list
But, what i forgot to mention is the fact that i must take the most expensive in points i can get. So i'm stuck with the Lv4 Tzeentch sorcerer on a chaos dragon..... What i'm asking here is what the best items/chaos mutations and powers are i can give him...

I know, it's a silly rule making my opponent and me fielding some silly, oh so expensive, character but it's something we agreed on and now i can't take it back.... It's also set up to be a fun game as both of us are bound by this rule and it's not supposed to be an ultra-competitive thing. But still, i will try my worst, as will he :D

Yersinia Pestis
11-12-2013, 21:51
So here's the full list, remember it's about every model i've got so not much freedom here too...... (though i held back on fielding an exalted hero version of the unkillable Tzeentch lord out of sportsmanship ;) )
Lords:
-General: LV4 Chaos sorcerer lord, mark of Tzeentch, lore of metal,mount: Chaos dragon, magic items: talisman of preservation, ogre blade, dragonhelm , chaos mutations and powers: third eye of Tzeentch, chaos familiar, soul feeder
-LV3 Chaos sorcerer lord, mark of Nurgle, lore of death

Heroes:
-Festus, the Leechlord
-Exalted hero, mark of Khorne, daemonic mount, barding, halberd, battle standard, war banner

Core:
-3x5 warhounds with vanguard
-2x chariot, mark of Nurgle
-32 chaos warriors, mark of Nurgle, halberds, full command, standard of discipline
-5 marauder horsemen, mark of Nurgle, throwing axes, shields

Special:
-2x chimera, flaming breath, regenerating flesh
-8 chaos knights, Khorne, ens weapons, full command, banner of swiftness (to be joined by bsb on daemonic mount)

Rare:
-6 skullcrushers, ensorcelled weapons, full command, gleaming pennant

Phew, that's about every model in my collection, lol! (except for some 100 marauders i once made in a crazy mood, but i could field 'em one day with Festus and great weapons, hahaha, chew through that...)

Yersinia Pestis
12-12-2013, 20:26
I know it's a bit of a crazy build, this army, but i was really hoping on some build ideas for the Tzeentch sorcerer lord on chaos dragon as i'm forced to use it and max out his points....
If you care, i even have a background story for him.... His name is Marc and once he was a simple peasant, herding goats but he kept hearing whispers in the wind about going north and finding treasure and glory. As he was a peasant, this sparked dreams about unknown richess and the like so it didn't take long for him to succumb to the whispers. One day a goat escaped his watchful eye and this was all the excuse he needed to venture north into the realm of chaos. Hard was the journey and not before long he was tortured by the biting cold and desolate landscape. Here it was that he discovered to have an affinity for the lore of metal... Having nothing but a simple staff, the clothes he wore and a copper coin he longed with his entire being for some warmth and BEHOLD the copper penny began to glow as he ( not knowingly) channelled the raw power of magic, so abundant in the realm of Chaos, into the metal. The fiery glow of this miracle in the night caught the eye of a troop of marauders camping nearby. They went towards him and invited him, thinking they had found an aspiring sorcerer or something of the like. It doesn't need saying that Marc accepted without even a second tought. The rest is history.
That first night with the marauders he was visited by Tzeentch himself in his dreams. Tzeentch explained it was he who had whispered in the wind, feeling as he had a great affinity for metal and also promised him greatness, power and richess beyond his wildest dreams if Marc would accept him as his master and be his tool. And so Marc accepted The Lord of Change to be his master and teacher. That very instant he was bestowed the understanding of Lore of Metal.
Many years passed and Marc granted victory upon victory to his newfound tribesmen. They gave him the new name Mercurium as he melted the metal armours of their victims into the image of that element and he was as elusive to death as quicksilver is to one's grasp. He amassed treasure and fame and was soon to be found one of the most powerfull sorcerer lords about.
This fame and fortune did not escape the attention of Garramech, the chaos dragon and he challenged Mercurium to a battle. Great was the carnage and many died that horrible day but finally Garramech was subdued and forced to serve Mercurium and the Lord of Change...
Not long hereafter, a great horde of Ogres ventured into Mercurium's territories. He quickly scrambled his remaining forces and went into battle, sat upon the great drake Garramech....
This is the story so far.....
How he fared against the Ogres will be told later :D