PDA

View Full Version : How to kill the unkillable Tzeentch lord on disc

Yersinia Pestis
12-12-2013, 07:03
I've had so much fun with the "How to kill the Nurgle daemon prince" thread but i was thinking, how about his buddy in crime?
You know, the Tzeentch lord on disc with 1+ armour save / 3+ ward with rerollable 1s (2+ for flaming attacks) and soul feeder....
The daemon prince is tough but this guy may even be harder to bring down....
I play WoC so i'm not doing myself a favour here but hey, i wanna know :D

Also to consider: what if the Nurgle daemon prince is fielded together with an exalted hero version of the disc lord and a chimera to work as a three model flying bro fist combo? (something i do in my 2000 points list :D )

Symrivven
12-12-2013, 10:11
There is no reliable way to kill it that's why its called unkillable.

You can try to mitigate it by sending a (cheaper) flying tank in its direction and hope it will hold out long enough.

And if you really want to kill it, I'd say reduce its characteristics with the apropiate spell and then try to instagib it with one of those fail a characteristic test and die spells. Ofcource this is easier said than done, the chance of getting both spells of is slim and if you don't reduce its characteristics it will just pass all tests except on a 6.

Don Zeko
12-12-2013, 14:07
If you really want to kill the guy, I'd recommend something with the Other Trickster's Shard and a whole bunch of high strength attacks. The trouble is that I don't know what actually matches that description that's capable of getting into combat with this guy if he doesn't want to be in combat. Keeping him tied in combat with something he won't kill is generally the better option.

Kain187
12-12-2013, 21:20
OTS on a tough lord. Cant reroll a reroll so this works well. I find the best way to take care of him is through combat res or setting up double flees. At one tourney I fled everything he charged and he didn't do anything all game. Also remember when he is on the disc he can be killing blowed.

medevilmike
12-12-2013, 21:52
single shot bt's and pray for a 2 on his ward.

godswearhats
13-12-2013, 00:11
Tzeentch lord is on a disc which is a war beast , making him cavalry, right? Which means he will die to killing blow. Blot Toad and 3 ripperdactyls or Wardancer Lord with Blades of Loec and OTS would likely do it. The rippers also fly so that makes it a little easier to get them in combat.

Persufflation
13-12-2013, 00:59
disc is warbeast...now the daemonic steed riding guy..he's tough...

Minigiant
13-12-2013, 01:03
Slayer conga line is the only way reliably to hold him up but they would never get to assault him

boli
13-12-2013, 01:41
Caladaryn death attack? And hope for a few good rolls previously?

Citadel97501
13-12-2013, 02:50
I assume you mean Caradryan from the HE book, he is not a good idea due to the ward save against flaming attacks.

All Comers
He can't join units so combat resolution makes him flee.
-Maximum Combat Resolution, charging him with a deep unit will have him lose by at least 2 combat resolution and thats if he kills 3 which is damn hard for him to do.

High Elves
-A Phoenix works just to lock him down.
-Noble on a Great Eagle with an Enchanted Shield, Star Lance, and the Other Trickster's Shard.
This is 3 attacks with ASF, hitting on 3's, wounding on 2's, and ignoring armor. He also can't re-roll his ward saves since the FAQ says that if something could force you to re-roll your re-rolls all things cancel and you get no re-rolls.

sigmarus
13-12-2013, 03:32
Combat resolution to make him flee kills him, right?

Yersinia Pestis
13-12-2013, 03:46
Combat resolution to make him flee kills him, right?

Probably your best bet! Then again, you'll have to lure him into a combat he'll lose and he's not likely to do that just for fun, no?

fishound7
13-12-2013, 04:45
you just ignore it and accept that you won't get those points. Just focus on killing everything else.

SteveW
13-12-2013, 06:36
I think(as said already) the best way to beat him is combat rez and chase him down. I prefer to just ignore him, he'll never earn his points back.

boli
13-12-2013, 08:16
I assume you mean Caradryan from the HE book, he is not a good idea due to the ward save against flaming attacks.

Ahh just looked, the auto D3 wounds don't ignore ward saves (thought they did). An Annointed on a frost Phoenix is looking like an (expensive) counter to him. w. Star Lance tricksters shard and armour of slivered steel; its not perfect but it stands one of the best chances of surviving more than 1 round in a challenge.

Although he may cost more than the BSB itself...

Soundwave
13-12-2013, 11:18
M.S.U with as many champion upgrades as possible.Then laugh as he rolls a double 1 and fails his leadership test and turns into a very killable spawn.

theunwantedbeing
13-12-2013, 12:07
What does your army have that ignores ward saves?
ie. Dwellers, Purple Sun, Final Transformation, Pit of Shades

Failing that, what do you have that will regularly negate his armour save?
ie. Searing Doom, Gehenna's Golden Hounds, the Caress of Laniph, The Fate of Bjuna

To put the guy down you need the above sorts of spells as shooting at him only really works with a boatload of blind luck, it's never worth relying on that.
Generally, shooting at him is a waste so don't bother.

Beating him in combat also works.
Hit him with something to challenge him with (preferably something that won't immediately die), then hope he breaks and you can run him down.
It's best if he breaks in his turn, so you get to charge him in yours if you fail to catch him but that's difficult to pull off as he won't intentionally engage an opponent he won't be likely to lose badly against.

Your best bet if you lack any ignore ward spells, or anything that can reliably put a lot of ignore armour wounds on him is to ignore him.
Part of his role is to sit there and soak up damage that would otherwise be killing off the other things in the army so don't fall into that trap.

Vipoid
13-12-2013, 17:24
Well, for Vampire Counts:

A Vampire Lord with the right loadout could probably take him, same with a Ghoul King. The problem then, of course, is catching him. I guess you could give the Vampire Lord/SGK wings and start chasing the disclord around the battlefield (possibly while playing the Benny Hill theme), but I suspect the vampire army will be the one that comes off worse. :p

Otherwise, the terrorgheist might be worth a try - it at least negates the 1+ save. Otherwise, your best bet would be to try and smash a block of zombies into him and keep him there all game.