PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Lizards

SteveW
13-12-2013, 20:08
Mostly what I picked up on black friday(don't have the slaan or steg yet) but seems like a decent list. So the strategy is vanguard the big block of sarus and protect its flanks with the monsters while I drop a comet forcing the enemy to engage. While I love High magic, I'm open to switching to light.

Slaan Mage-priest: Becalming cogitation, harmonic convergence, focus of mystery, dispel scroll.

Tetto Ekko

20 temple guard, fc

40 saurus, spears, fc

10 skinks, blowpipes

10 skinks, blowpipes

5 chameleon skinks

3 ripperdaktyls

Bastilidon

Troglodon, divining rod

Stegadon, both upgrades

2 Salamanders

razordon

SteveW
14-12-2013, 07:25
Any input or advice would help.

SnoopDixs
14-12-2013, 14:30
I would take a channel staff on your slann. 5+ to channel on 3 dice will get you at least 1 extra per phase most of the time.

SnoopDixs
14-12-2013, 14:38
Also, my list I use has very little shooting and I rely mostly on my two infantry blocks. I use lore of life on my slann and lore of beasts on my skink priest.

I've played a few times and found with just using magic to buff my units to win combat hasn't worked out too well.

I then tweaked my list by adding an Old Blood with 1+ armor, 4+ ward and 5 x str 6 attacks. Also a bsb scar vet, 2+ armor, 4+ ward 5 x str 5 attacks. I put them in with my 28 Temple guard and I've gone 2 for 2 since then.

I even blew up half my temple guard with a miscast and still took on a unit of tomb guard and a big block of skels in the flank. Was also 3 hero's in those units.

SteveW
14-12-2013, 17:37
I would take a channel staff on your slann. 5+ to channel on 3 dice will get you at least 1 extra per phase most of the time.

good idea.

SteveW
15-12-2013, 05:11
Slaan Mage-priest: Becalming cogitation, harmonic convergence, focus of mystery, channeling staff, BSB

Skink Priest: level 2 beasts, dispel scroll

20 temple guard, fc

40 saurus, spears, fc

11 skinks, blowpipes, standard

12 skinks, blowpipes, standard

5 chameleon skinks

3 ripperdaktyls

Bastilidon

Troglodon, divining rod

Stegadon, both upgrades

2 Salamanders

razordon

After the inputs I made a few changes. had to add a few banners so I dont auto-lose blood and glory. I only had 4 fortitude now I have 7 and won't lose if my slaan dies...lol

Gizzard
17-12-2013, 15:12
That's a nice list there man. The only thing I would personally alter is the Troglodon, I really don't see how they rack up their points value honestly.

For the same points you could pick up a second Stegadon which I would think is going to be more useful on the battlefield. Alternatively you could get your hands on some Krox. Up to you entirely, your army is already very solid and I may be a bit bias with the Trog. Have you used it before? How do you utilize it?

SteveW
18-12-2013, 02:07
I've only played with it twice and both times it cleared chaff and was used to cast spells from. I have feeling in my next game it will be cannoned off in turn 1 though(dwarfs) but Dwarfs also will be shutting down my magic so I wouldn't be doing much with it anyway.