PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound reasonable?(DE)

The Dragon Reborn
12-06-2005, 03:28
ok, one of the armys I play is Dark eldar, they are a blast to play but sadly they are in bad need of repair,(every new codex to come out has IMHO made that the races overpowered) so my friends and I came up with a house rule to make them better, welp with out further dely...

All squads with combat drugs will be like and archon. they can pick up to 3 drug opions and roll if you get a double a squad member dies if you roll a triple 3 people die. ie. you have a squad of 10 wyches and you pick 3 drugs and roll a 2, 2, 6. so you squad loses a member now you have a wych squad with 9 members and 3 drugs.

I just want to know what you guys think, does it make them over powered? should we charge more for units with it? should more people die for doubles? should one all time roll be made, or every assult move like the archon? thanks for all opinions

x-esiv-4c
12-06-2005, 03:33
Hm, has the potential of being a bit over-powered. I would suggest minor changes in the list like price and squad-size. A lot of people say that the DE list is broken but i've seen them used highly effective, even their standard trooper is good, BS 4 ? Good deal for the points.

The Dragon Reborn
12-06-2005, 03:43
yes the warrior for 8 points a squad of ten with 2 dark lances the classic sniper squad is very nice, but say a 12 point FW 4+ save with all str5 guns and 30 inch range very nice indeed. i am not complaining abuot the troops just basically everything else, haha dont get me wrong i love my DE is just vrs say mech tau or the new nids they are a bit under powered and over priced

x-esiv-4c
12-06-2005, 04:18
I would like to see a better jet-bike. The fact of the matter is that the DE are a fast-hitter race. As Tau have amazing battle-suits. DE should have better jet-bikes. Perhaps you should modify them?

Nurgling Chieftain
12-06-2005, 05:12
Dark Eldar are fine, in general. Certainly the wyches don't need any new bonuses.

Now, mandrakes, on the other hand...

The Dragon Reborn
12-06-2005, 08:28
well bikes have drugs so they would benifit.

"Certainly the wyches don't need any new bonuses"

That is true and we thought about giving mandrakes and grotesques drugs and keeping the wyches drug set up the same, or giving them a 2 point price hike and they get the new drugs