PDA

View Full Version : A lizardmen 2000 pts list (if you pro's fix it)

Gor (dopanium opa) rok
15-12-2013, 10:25
If you could Fix this list of mine and sent me the fixed version and tips on it and stuff. I would be really thankful, hope you do it free :/ Im sorry, Im a finnish boy who is 14 years old. But hope you'll help me from the kindness off your heart. :)

How much does gor rok cost? Is this a good Idea? Oh and yeah heres the list:

2x15 blocks of saurus 360 pts
15 temple quards (full control) + slann650 pt
Bastiladon solar engine.150 pts
ripperdactyls120
razordon 200 pts
Gor rok (dont know the points)
Carnosaur 400.

And there my total points is 1880, If you could please make me a fixed list of this(in points and all that) and what would you recommend to take, as Im missing out 120 points? Please Im really going to start this awesome hobby + And I would be really pleased if you had the time to read this.Thank you for your time and concideration :)!

SteveW
15-12-2013, 14:58
To make the list legal you need at least 140 more points in core. I'd roll the two units of saurus into one and fill core out with skinks.

Gor (dopanium opa) rok
15-12-2013, 19:14
Thanks, I needed skinks because ripperdactyls toad tactics

Gor (dopanium opa) rok
15-12-2013, 19:24
Oh, and how much does 1 skink with blowpipe cost? Sorry I wont get the army book till christmas, btw is this a working army?

SteveW
16-12-2013, 03:44
7 points i think.

As for how effective the army will be. I only got the book myself on black friday and have yet to play a game with them.

Gor (dopanium opa) rok
16-12-2013, 06:03
well, do you know shawn from blue table painting? this is basically shawns army of lizardmen, but cut in half and I removed the stegadons and chameleon skinks and a few other thing, hope it works, if not I still have cool figs ! :D

Spiney Norman
16-12-2013, 06:21
I think you might struggle fitting a Slann, Gorrok and a carnosaur in at 2000 pts, with Gorrok you will only have 15pts for upgrades and/or magic items on your scar vet.

Personally I think you need at least 20 temple guard to effectively protect the Slann, and 30 in a Saurus block to really be effective at what they do.

Gor (dopanium opa) rok
16-12-2013, 07:24
Yeah, well it could be a 2500 list, and if it would be 2,5k could I fit stagadon in there? And as I said I dont have the army book so its lil'bit of a struggle to create these and that said I really made this based on btp shawns army

Gor (dopanium opa) rok
16-12-2013, 07:35
Actually I might take the troglodon away and put the tigtag toe on a ripperdactyl, how would that sound :/?

Gizzard
17-12-2013, 14:00
I can see the appeal with the Blue Table Painting list, I've seen that one myself. However his list works because his Bastiladons are making the opponant sap dispel dice allowing the Slann to throw more spells about or the solar beam is going to strip a rank from the target unit. It's kind of the theme he went for so I can't see it working that way in your list unless you have a pair of them. Also your block units are going to be too small to withstand charges or drawn out combats. So with that in mind, I would say you need to get down to basics with this list and start from scratch, here is a good BTP link to help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrr9qpOTimI

So need to start with a pair of block units in your centre, between 30 and 50 strong. In a 2000 point army, two units of 30 is fine. You could have 30 Saurus with spears (set up in 5 ranks of 6 models) and your second block as 26 Temple Guard with the Slann filling the missing 4 models in. (again, 5 ranks of 6 models). This gives you a good level 4 caster which is pretty much a must in a competitive game as well as 2 strong blocks to make the backbone of your army.

Next, you will need to fill out the extra 150 points of core that you're missing to legally field a 2000 point army. I'd go for either 2 units of 15 skink cohorts, 3 units of 10 skink cohorts or 2 units of 10 skirmishers with blowpipes. The units of 10 make for good chaff units/redirectors (think 5 hounds or wolf riders stylie) where as the units of 15 can do a similar job, are a little less maneuverable but will disrupt ranks if they flank an enemy giving your Saurus or Temple Guard the ability to not get bogged down by Steadfast units. The Skirmishers can act as chaff/redirectors as well as anti-chaff units and a good deterrent vs poorly armoured monsters like Giants or Spawns.

So with no upgrades on the Slann, you probably have around 1100 points right there which leaves you with 900 point to spend on support units and flank units.

If you want something tough to hold down a flank, a Stegadon with sharpened horns or a Scar Vet on a Carnosaur are both nice choices. The Carnosaur is a little more survivable vs cannons if you give the rider a charmed shield but is a lot more expensive points wise. I like running one on each flank myself with the Slann giving them buffs like Walk Between Worlds or Wyssens Wild Form to make them more survivable.

A previously mentioned, cannons are real bad news for any Lizardman player. Think a shotgun to a zombie, it's the natural predator! So when you pick your support units your are going to want something to fix your opponants cannons quickly. Ripperdactyls, Terradons and Chameleon Skinks are good choices here as they can get behind the enemy quickly and target the warmachines before they main your monsters.

If you don't take a Carnosaur, Tetto'Eko is a good pick too because he gives you D3 vanguarding units. You can slip some small units of Saurus Cavalry through to kill the warmachines off that way and you get all the spells form the lore of Heavens to boot! He also (usually) allows you to re-roll all of your 1's when casting spells which will make your power dice more efficient and will make your opponents dispel attempts for difficult. Win-Win right?

Any points you have knocking around spare after you've picked your Characters, your 2 main blocks, your 2 flank units and your anti-cannon support units can then be spent on the odd Salamander or two. Run them as a unit of 1 and try to get them targeting any units with Regenerate or any hordes of T3 fodder. You will have a field day there! You just tuck them in between your flank and your main blocks and soften up targets before you charge with your killy stuff or receive a charge from your opponent.

Kroxigor blocks make nice support units too if combat is more your thing. A unit of 4-6 of them (2 ranks of 2 or 3) can get stuck into the flank of a unit while your Saurus/Temple Guard/Stegadon/Carnosaur are fighting in the front facing. These are particularly nasty if you use Lore of Light spells to buff their initiative and give them ASF.

Good magic lores to use are High Magic for all comers (because you can swap spells out with their lore attribute for things like Wyssan's Wild Form or Mystifying Miasma), Life if you want a solid defense or Light if you want waves of killy stampy things. Of course, dependant on your opponant, Death, Fire and Metal are not without their charms either.

Anyway, if anyone was to add to or argue with any of that please do, this is just what I have picked up from experience.

See how you get on with this, share any revised lists and have fun man!

Gizzard
17-12-2013, 14:01
I can see the appeal with the Blue Table Painting list, I've seen that one myself. However his list works because his Bastiladons are making the opponant sap dispel dice allowing the Slann to throw more spells about or the solar beam is going to strip a rank from the target unit. It's kind of the theme he went for so I can't see it working that way in your list unless you have a pair of them. Also your block units are going to be too small to withstand charges or drawn out combats. So with that in mind, I would say you need to get down to basics with this list and start from scratch, here is a good BTP link to help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrr9qpOTimI

So need to start with a pair of block units in your centre, between 30 and 50 strong. In a 2000 point army, two units of 30 is fine. You could have 30 Saurus with spears (set up in 5 ranks of 6 models) and your second block as 26 Temple Guard with the Slann filling the missing 4 models in. (again, 5 ranks of 6 models). This gives you a good level 4 caster which is pretty much a must in a competitive game as well as 2 strong blocks to make the backbone of your army.

Next, you will need to fill out the extra 150 points of core that you're missing to legally field a 2000 point army. I'd go for either 2 units of 15 skink cohorts, 3 units of 10 skink cohorts or 2 units of 10 skirmishers with blowpipes. The units of 10 make for good chaff units/redirectors (think 5 hounds or wolf riders stylie) where as the units of 15 can do a similar job, are a little less maneuverable but will disrupt ranks if they flank an enemy giving your Saurus or Temple Guard the ability to not get bogged down by Steadfast units. The Skirmishers can act as chaff/redirectors as well as anti-chaff units and a good deterrent vs poorly armoured monsters like Giants or Spawns.

So with no upgrades on the Slann, you probably have around 1100 points right there which leaves you with 900 point to spend on support units and flank units.

If you want something tough to hold down a flank, a Stegadon with sharpened horns or a Scar Vet on a Carnosaur are both nice choices. The Carnosaur is a little more survivable vs cannons if you give the rider a charmed shield but is a lot more expensive points wise. I like running one on each flank myself with the Slann giving them buffs like Walk Between Worlds or Wyssens Wild Form to make them more survivable.

A previously mentioned, cannons are real bad news for any Lizardman player. Think a shotgun to a zombie, it's the natural predator! So when you pick your support units your are going to want something to fix your opponants cannons quickly. Ripperdactyls, Terradons and Chameleon Skinks are good choices here as they can get behind the enemy quickly and target the warmachines before they main your monsters.

If you don't take a Carnosaur, Tetto'Eko is a good pick too because he gives you D3 vanguarding units. You can slip some small units of Saurus Cavalry through to kill the warmachines off that way and you get all the spells form the lore of Heavens to boot! He also (usually) allows you to re-roll all of your 1's when casting spells which will make your power dice more efficient and will make your opponents dispel attempts for difficult. Win-Win right?

Any points you have knocking around spare after you've picked your Characters, your 2 main blocks, your 2 flank units and your anti-cannon support units can then be spent on the odd Salamander or two. Run them as a unit of 1 and try to get them targeting any units with Regenerate or any hordes of T3 fodder. You will have a field day there! You just tuck them in between your flank and your main blocks and soften up targets before you charge with your killy stuff or receive a charge from your opponent.

Kroxigor blocks make nice support units too if combat is more your thing. A unit of 4-6 of them (2 ranks of 2 or 3) can get stuck into the flank of a unit while your Saurus/Temple Guard/Stegadon/Carnosaur are fighting in the front facing. These are particularly nasty if you use Lore of Light spells to buff their initiative and give them ASF.

Good magic lores to use are High Magic for all comers (because you can swap spells out with their lore attribute for things like Wyssan's Wild Form or Mystifying Miasma), Life if you want a solid defense or Light if you want waves of killy stampy things. Of course, dependant on your opponant, Death, Fire and Metal are not without their charms either.

Anyway, if anyone was to add to or argue with any of that please do, this is just what I have picked up from experience.

See how you get on with this, share any revised lists and have fun man!