PDA

View Full Version : Interest in the new Tyranids

Dooks Dizzo
19-12-2013, 12:25
There seems to be a lot of excitement around the new Tyranid release. Kind of wondering what that looks like percentage wise of 40k players on these boards.

If I forgot an option please explain in your reply.

I know some won't be able to reply because their decision won't be made until they've read the book. I didn't put a time limit on the poll, so waiting to answer until you've read the book is no problem!

NealSmith
19-12-2013, 13:13
I started collecting Nids quite a while ago and then added to them during the last release...

Oh putting them together and actually painting them? Naaaahhh... I've tried several times, but just don't get very far!

I hope this release gets me to actually do something with them. :)

Templar101
19-12-2013, 13:32
I shall be adding to my current swarm (check out my plog if you want xD) but sadly it seems I will only have around a week to buy what I need and paint it all up for the Throne of Skulls in January.

Ambience 327
19-12-2013, 13:46
I will be getting the book and updating my Genestealer Cult home-brew Codex to bring it in line with the new Tyranid Codex, then waiting with bated breath to see if the rumors of a Genestealer Cult supplement are true (though I will happily wait until after the next Guard codex if they manage to incorporate them together in the supplement as it should be.) :)

MajorWesJanson
19-12-2013, 14:29
I am really looking forwards to this release, even as a non nid player. I'll grab the new book, and look forwards to seeing some of the new models on the table across from me, and hopefully a change from a list with Doom and 15 rolls on Biomancy.

Getifa Ubazza
19-12-2013, 14:40
I already bought my Hive Tyrant, a Tervigon and 60 Termagaunts to get myself started. Looking forward to the new kits and codex too.

DeathGlam
19-12-2013, 14:51
Im really excited for this release, i won't be buying any of the stuff as im not a Nid player but if it inspires more of my gaming groups sometime Nids players to bring the bugs more often, i will be delighted, so im hoping for a codex with tons of varied ways of building your force.

Spider-pope
19-12-2013, 17:35
There seems to be a lot of excitement around the new Tyranid release. Kind of wondering what that looks like percentage wise of 40k players on these boards.

If I forgot an option please explain in your reply.

I know some won't be able to reply because their decision won't be made until they've read the book. I didn't put a time limit on the poll, so waiting to answer until you've read the book is no problem!

You forgot the option "Interested in the release, but not planning on buying anything at the moment". Which is the option i'd tick. I think the new stuff that's leaked so far looks great. But i don't have the time or finances to start another 40k army just yet.

Zaonite
20-12-2013, 06:58
I would have ticked "Interested in the release, will buy the book, and considering starting a 'Nid army"

I've loved the Nids from a far for a while. I would like them mainly (at the minute) to try dip painting techniques, although the interest in devouring my local space marine buddies is growing.

ugavine
20-12-2013, 09:03
I have a small Tyranid army so I'll certainly be getting the book. As for new models, I'll see. From the leaked pictures there's nothing I like the look of really. I'll just see what I need to help make my nid's competetive.

budman
20-12-2013, 09:06
I am between I will be adding to my existing army or I plan to get the book only. based on the book

mpepperdine
20-12-2013, 16:06
I was so, so tempted to start nids, but regrettably, I don't actually like any of the new models exept maybe the one with the large cannon.

But then again, I wouldn't use it because I like combat nids

Denny
20-12-2013, 16:56
You forgot the option "Interested in the release, but not planning on buying anything at the moment". Which is the option i'd tick. I think the new stuff that's leaked so far looks great. But i don't have the time or finances to start another 40k army just yet.

This. I think it look interesting but I'm not buying it. I still have Deadzone to finish.

de Selby
20-12-2013, 17:12
Tyranids are my main army, so I plan on getting the book (my first hardback codex), but I don't plan on getting anything else yet because prices. I'll wait and see if it makes sense to buy any extras once I have the codex.

Commissar Merces
20-12-2013, 17:22
Start with the book and see where it goes from there.

NagashLover
20-12-2013, 17:28
I'll be adding to my existing swarm.

Nids were the first 40K army I went with and the one I always went back to. Even though I didn't care for the last book (for a variety of reasons) I still played them. From what I have heard, which is not always what actually is, I see no reason not to add to my existing swarm and keep playing them.

Flame Boy
21-12-2013, 21:58
I'll be looking over the fence with great curiosity, but I have to concentrate on the armies I already have.

Spiney Norman
21-12-2013, 22:00
From the pics we've seen the new models all seem pretty meh, I've been on the edge of starting Tyranids for ages, they're probably the one army left in the game I would like to have a go at and if they'd really aced the models I probably would have done. It looks like all they did was take the more boring part of the existing range and scale them up for the new models.

I do hope Nids get a decent book though, do we know who has written it yet? Will it be wacky Phil Kelly, dull-but-dependable Jeremy Vetock or throw-yourself-off-bridge-now Robin Cruddace?

Bugaboo
22-12-2013, 02:47
Not hearing anything regarding Colossi in this edition, rules or model wise. Still, if they expand the little tidbits of fluff enough to allow you to use the rules to try and represent Colossi (assuming this dex will make nids as customizable as they should be...), that alone will keep me happy. Always loved nids for the longest time, and one of my favourite pieces of GW fiction is the short story in WD (when Nid v3 was released) which has a planet fall to a Tyranid invasion. I've had copies of every Dex released for them so far , but sadly no longer have the 2nd or 3rd Ed codices. Which is a shame, as I think the 3rd Ed dex was my favourite.

Angelwing
22-12-2013, 10:19
Adding the new kits to my existing army. They all look quite nice.

Chaos Undecided
22-12-2013, 13:01
Have a swarm already and the new kits are tempting but I think I'll hold off til I get the new codex before rushing to buy any of them

Camman1984
23-12-2013, 11:47
I always enjoy nid battles, proper ones with hordes on on rushing critters, not the mass MC biomancy builds a lots of nid players use. Its pure classic sci fi, space soldiers versus space bugs.

I hope they get a good dex with mixed builds, i hope they dont get stuck with 1/2 effective units from a dex with so much to offer.

I think i will potentially sell my nids, never got on with playing them myself.

Dooks Dizzo
24-12-2013, 16:53
If the rumors for the Harpy/Crone turn out to be true I think the Tyranids might become the anti air spoiler army, taking them out of last place for anti flyers detail.

Having just played a game of stronghold assault I have to say that Carnifex's might just be the cure for what ails you. Even in their current form a Carnifex with crushing claws doing smash attacks (S10 Ap2 reroll armor pen) just tears fortifications to pieces.

Kaiserdean
24-12-2013, 17:38
I've never been a fan of Nids, and I think that's because I don't enjoy the fluff. They are decent villains, but I just don't find any enjoyment from playing a mindless, motivationless, characterless army. I just can't root for them.

However, I love playing against them. They can be a force of nature nature and provide a cinematic opponent.

RanaldLoec
24-12-2013, 17:59
I would have ticked "Interested in the release, will buy the book, and considering starting a 'Nid army"

I've loved the Nids from a far for a while. I would like them mainly (at the minute) to try dip painting techniques, although the interest in devouring my local space marine buddies is growing.

Note to self get more grav guns.

I have to say that up to now other than daemons we've been seeing a move away from combat oriented armies.

It would be nice if tyranids could match the "gunlines" without losing the close combat emphasis.

Eldartank
25-12-2013, 07:38
I have a decent Tyranid army, so I will definitely be getting the new Codex. And since they always have new models with a new codex, I will definitely be getting some of those. Tyranids are so easy and fun to assemble and paint, the plastic models in particular. You don't even have to be an awesome painter to make your Tyranid army look decent.

AngryAngel
25-12-2013, 08:25
I'm excited for people excited for the release and all the nid players in my local area. I myself will be getting nothing for this release however as my warhammer funds will be saved for what I wanted to get myself for Christmas, other game stuff, x wing attack wing stuff, and the Dwarf and Guard books when they come out as I'm sure the guard will release a really sweet kit I won't want to not pick up. Though, I am very happy for Nid players who have this to look forward to just after Christmas, lucky dogs.